Back again.

Options
I'm back again, and the reason why is:

I went to the doctors yesterday and he happened to mention that i had gained 10 pounds. Part of that i know could be because its my TOM, but that number really shocked at upset me.

I'd say i roughly weigh 165 >.> and i'd like to get down to at least 125-130.

Does anyone have any advice on FUN work out routines i could do, and foods i should really stay away from, and healthy foods i should be eating, or any challenges on here that i should join in on.

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

I really enjoy spinning/cycling classes for a great calorie burn. It's hard, but it burns a lot in less time.

As far as eating goes-I fill my plate with veggies first, and treat that like the main dish, and have the other (carbs/protein) as sides. I usually have fruit as dessert or when I'm craving sweets.

This site is full of support and inspiration and accountability, so log in every day. Oh and take your measurements-not just your weight. That helps if you hit a plateau and the scale stops moving.....you may still lose inches. My scale didn't move for 2 months, but the inches were melting away.
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    Have you tried Zumba Dance workouts?
  • nikkidziggy9
    Options
    I joined my local YMCA and attend the Deep Water Aerobics. I am a very large woman and the pool does not put as much stress on my joints. I absolutely love it.
  • briannalynne
    Options
    I've wanted to try Zumba, perhaps i'll look into that as well.
    As for joining a YMCA, i'd also like to do that but I'm currently trying to find employment and the membership fee here is expensive.

Also, what is a good time of day to be working out?
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try Zumba, perhaps i'll look into that as well.
    As for joining a YMCA, i'd also like to do that but I'm currently trying to find employment and the membership fee here is expensive.

Also, what is a good time of day to be working out?
    Go and talk with whomever is managing your local YMCA. Sometimes if you offer to volunteer they waive the monthly fees and since you are job searching that might be a nice distraction...and you never know when you are going to network with the right person (bring resumes) :smile: