trying

Options
5'3'' mom of 3 under 8.. I'm trying to lose 40 and I'm 9 down so I have little ways to go... It is hard for me to find time to fully work out till they go to bed then I just want to be lazy.....

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness. When you have three kids to care for that would put you at least lightly active. Worry more about your calorie intake. Exercise when you can.
  • krystalclemmens
    Options
    That's what I'm trying.. But I get so busy and distracted I eat most at one sitting.. But I feel SOOOOOOO much better after a workout. I want to feel that "rush"
  • Abliture
    Abliture Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could try working out when they are awake. Less done sustainably is better than more done unsustainably.

Move the body. Anything you can do. Dvd workout. Push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks -- 90sec break to take care of the kids-- back to it for a short set, etc..

You can do this.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Look into some workout dvds. Jillian Michael's has some of the best and her workouts aren't long, at most 30 min. In her 30 day shred dvd, workouts are 20 minutes! I have an 8.5 month old and she goes right in the pack n play and stays put till my 20 min are up. Even if she cries and fusses. Do this for not only yourself, but so your kids have a healthier mom!
    You can do this :)
  • krystalclemmens
    Options
    Between the 3 girls, always need something .. I did it again tonight as soon as they went to bed. It feels so good.. Trying the zumba workout
  • TheRealMichelle0111
    Options
    I have stayed on track by making lunch the night before an by mentally planning what is for breakfast. I make my husband and school aged kids' lunch, so why not pack one for me and the toddler? then you can spend your time outdoors away from the fridge instead of grabbing convenience foods. I even log my food the night before.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Don't get too stuck in needing to "workout". 10 minutes 3 times a day works too. Get the girls into the exercise too. I'm sure they would love to jump around with mom. And if they want to be picked up or twirled it is just extra calorie burn. I also get part of my exercise while doing chores basically by just picking up the pace or taking the longer way around.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have two under 4. I do Zumba and the kids usually dance with me or laugh watching me.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    What about in the morning before they wake up? You could carve out 30 minutes. yes, getting up that early really stinks but at least you'd get some YOU time and that is very important in this journey. Good luck!
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Join a gym that offers child care.
  • krystalclemmens
    Options
    Thank you guys!! The zumba has been working for me. we only have one vehicle and daddy works till 2am so its hard to take him to work because we have to pick him up.. Which kinda eliminate any gym :-( but I've been feeling great thanks to your idea and comments