No weekend crashing

Options
dinagurl59
dinagurl59 Posts: 41 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I find that I eat badly on the weekends and usually won't log into my food diary because I don't want to be reminder of my over indulgence... I am going to eat great this weekend...and for the next ten weekends...it is said to form a lasting habit you must do it ten consecutive Times....wish me luck!

Replies

• jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am with you! Easier said than done, right? For me, I used to suck it up starting Friday night all the way until Sunday night. The way I overcame it was to start slowly. I would choose one Weekend day (Usually Sunday) to have a cheat day instead of the whole weekend. Now, I try to limit it to one cheat meal and/or cheat snack instead of an entire day. You can do it!!!
  • dinagurl59
    Options
    Thanks I will try that.
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bestof luck we know you can do this. You know you can do this!
  • Floor48
    Floor48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just lost 90 pounds... Just by being strict six days and at the seventh day I ate whatever I wanted.
    It kept me motivated and it worked good to keep my metobalism up...and going
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!

I too overeat on the weekends. I never could change that habit. I never binged, just ate and drank more. We have a lot of cookouts and parties on the weekends.

I finally stopped fighting it and starting eat much less during the week so that it all evened out. Then I talked my doctor about my weight loss and she suggested I eat high fiber to feel more sated on lower calories. That's when it clicked. That's when I stopped being miserable and it started feeling like something I could do long term.

After work, I'm meeting my husband and some friends at a favorite local Mexican place knowing that I have extra calories to spare. ::drinker::

Find the plan that feels right for you. The way that feels like you can stick with it even when you're at goal.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Try pre cooking all your weekend meals! Keep them light so that if you end up going out you can still get something small. You can do it. Tell yourself "No' out loud if you must.

It's hard. But it's do-able.
  • dinagurl59
    Options
    Thanks...really need the encourgment.
  • LifeasCham
    LifeasCham Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've found that I have to go ahead and log it, even if it's bad. Keeps me accountable.
  • dinagurl59
    Options
    Good idea!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm working really hard to just log EVERYTHING, and I find I feel better about myself, even if I totally blow my calories. Plus, then I can keep track and try to tack on a little extra exercise a day to try and make it up! Good luck!!
  • dinagurl59
    Options
    Do good today, stayed within my calorie intake..with some to spare.
  • santanaeveline
    santanaeveline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite I eat more at work. As long as I'm occupied I don't eat that much but it's a struggle when I'm bored.
    dinagurl59 wrote: »
    I find that I eat badly on the weekends and usually won't log into my food diary because I don't want to be reminder of my over indulgence... I am going to eat great this weekend...and for the next ten weekends...it is said to form a lasting habit you must do it ten consecutive Times....wish me luck!

• jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Same here! Weekend are horrible for me. I'll have to try next weekend because I messed up today.
  • SwissMatterhorn
    SwissMatterhorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm over my calorie allowance on weekends. Which is so frustrating because I'm doing well during the week :s
    Today (Sunday) is Fathers Day with a scrumptious champagne brunch and pastries. Too scared to log everything and see the total cal intake.
  • ImSoPrecious78
    ImSoPrecious78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the main thing is to not stress. Go ahead and loosen the reins for a day or two, but don't go overboard, and *enjoy* yourself!