fat arm?????help

Options
So my left arm either has less muscle or more fat than the right arm.. how can i improve this the fat hanging lower than the other is pissing me off to the max!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break.
    I mean that in the nicest way possible.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If your left arm is clearly bigger than the right arm, then please call your dr. ASAP. If it is just that after hours of pinching and measuring you think it is a tiny bit fatter, then yes, give yourself a break.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    One of my arms is slightly larger then the other. ( I only know this because my trainer keeps a log of my measurements ) he said its likely because I favor that arm and its not a huge deal and isn't noticeable to others . .
    But if your one arm is very greatly larger then the other , maybe call your doctor .
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dress to camouflage.
    Surgery.
    Lean sideways to the camera with the skinnier arm closer to the lens.
    Switch your computer mouse every month to reduce repetitive strain and even out both sides.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    one armed push-ups.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    one side of our body is almost always slightly larger than the other.. boobs, feet, arm fat?

its *probably* only something YOU notice ;)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I had this after one summer working in construction. I carried everything in my right hand without realizing it. I had one awesome bicep and one wimpy one. It was only a year ago that it became less noticeable (after 5 years!)
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I have one eye that blinks faster than the other which means that in pictures I look like a droopy-eyed troll. Any ideas?

I won't entertain botox. That's a toxin.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i was hoping to get exercising i can do. i can make a muscle with my right arm but not with my left its to weak..its not freakishly big just looks to have more fat as far as measuring go its a inch bigger. i know half of my body is bigger but my arm is what i trying to strengthening..
  • tashatashae
    Options
    i gave myself a break for 26 years that's y im fat now lol.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Do your regular upper body workout, making sure you aren't favouring that weaker arm. Always do the same reps each side. Expect to see results in a few years.
  • tashatashae
    Options
    see i was thinking i should just do double my reps in the weaker one .
  • jgnatca
    Options
    You won't reduce the time to see the difference. I recommend balanced workouts.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Listen. You're experiencing a side-effect of having too much body fat. Unfortunately, you, me, and the human species lack the ability to spot gain/lose fat from/to desired/undesired places. Not without surgery of course. How do you get rid of the arm fatness? You lose weight ALL OVER. Plain and simple.

There is nothing you can do to spot reduce fat on your body other than losing overall. Of course you can exercise and perform strengthening exercises focusing on gaining strength/evening out strength in your arms. HOWEVER, you still need to lose the fat.

AND- even as you lose weight you will notice slight imperfections in your body. No one is completely perfectly symmetrical and perfect. It doesn't work that way. My stomach is ever so slightly more fat on the left side right under my belly button. NO ONE else notices it, but i do. It is what it is.
  • tashatashae
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Listen. You're experiencing a side-effect of having too much body fat. Unfortunately, you, me, and the human species lack the ability to spot gain/lose fat from/to desired/undesired places. Not without surgery of course. How do you get rid of the arm fatness? You lose weight ALL OVER. Plain and simple.

There is nothing you can do to spot reduce fat on your body other than losing overall. Of course you can exercise and perform strengthening exercises focusing on gaining strength/evening out strength in your arms. HOWEVER, you still need to lose the fat.

AND- even as you lose weight you will notice slight imperfections in your body. No one is completely perfectly symmetrical and perfect. It doesn't work that way. My stomach is ever so slightly more fat on the left side right under my belly button. NO ONE else notices it, but i do. It is what it is.

word!!! i feel what you saying, i would really like to strengthening it .It so weak. that's my main concern the is weakness is what i think causes it to hang but anyway back to calorie counting and arm curls i go.....fun stuff lol
  • tashatashae
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You won't reduce the time to see the difference. I recommend balanced workouts.

ok thanks!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    HELP! Both of my arms are equally fat. ;)