Been here for a bit, but now looking for new friends!

Options
So I've been here on MFP since late March. I've lost about 20 lbs so far, but I don't have a huge support group on here. I have a few friends on here who cheer me on, and I cheer them on, but I would like a few more. I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself and my journey (so far), and you can decide weather or not you'd like to be my friend! :) All adds and supportive friends welcome!

Oh! And quick warning, this is going to e a bit long, so please bare with me.

This story starts wayyy back in about 2001-2002. I was in middle school. I was never really the "fat kid", but I was never really skinny either. My mom used to put me on diets, and try to "help" me lose weight, but com'on! What 12 year old kid wants to be stuck eating an apple and carrot sticks, when all the other kids get Little Debbie snack cakes, and french fries? Not this gal!

Fast forward to July 2007. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. I, at this point, weigh 175 (give or take.) No biggie! (Or so I thought!) July 22nd, I get rushed in an ambulance to the hospital with severe abdominal cramps. What I didn't know at the time, was that I was pregnant, despite the fact that I religiously took my birth control pills. And I ended up losing my first baby to miscarriage at 8 weeks. At that time, that was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, and life could not get any worse. Like any other over-weight person in denial, I turned to food for comfort.

December 19rd 2009. About 5am, I get a frantic call from my older sister to get to my mother's house and do it fast! I ask her what is wrong, because she sounds distressed. I hear those 2 agonizing words come through the phone. "Mom's dead!". My boyfriend and I rush to my mothers house. We turned a 10 minute trip into 2. I walk into my mother's bedroom, and there she is. I'm not going to go into excruciating detail with this, but lets just say she had been there for a few hours, and my 12 year old sister is the one who found her like that. Traumatizing, to say the least. We laid my mother to rest, on the eve of Christmas eve. Again, I turn to food. (And what better time to do that, then the holidays, right?)

Almost two months later, in February 2010, we found out that we were expecting. This marks the heaviest I have ever been, at a whopping 207lbs. Despite the weight, this was the happiest time of my life. But still so much to worry about, considering my history (and not even taking my weight into consideration). I started taking care of myself. eating fruits and veggies. Taking my prenatals, as any pregnant woman should. Life was only missing one thing. The mother, who had over the years grown into my best friend, and the grandmother of my unborn child (which she would have LOVED!- She wanted nothing more than for us to have a baby, and years prior to her passing, we had been trying to give that to her with no luck.) May 2010, we found out we were going to have a daughter. A sweet little baby girl. We had already went through tons of baby books filled with tons of names, when we finally agreed on the perfect name. Serenity Morgyn (Morgyn sounds like Morgan.) We were so happy, and we felt extremely blessed to FINALLY become parents. 10 weeks pregnant, still pregnant. 14 weeks pregnant, and on to the 2nd trimester- still pregnant. 20 weeks pregnant- still pregnant. Nothing could go wrong! I was halfway done! July 10th 2010, at almost 26 weeks pregnant, I go into pre-term labor with our baby girl. By the time I got to the hospital she was almost here. There was no chance of stopping labor that far into it. July 11th, at 1:02am, after a very short labor I give birth to the most precious 1lb 10oz baby girl. My Serenity. She fought for a long 7 hours and 34 minutes, but ended up losing her battle. That by far takes the cake for the most devastating experience I have ever had to go through. At the end of my short pregnancy, I weighed 202lbs. (Yes, most people gain weight during pregnancy, I lost it.) For the first few weeks after she passed away, I couldn't eat or sleep. It got so bad that people started to get worried. Especially my boyfriend of 4 years. One day he decided to "force" me to eat something. and I did, just to make him happy. That was the end of that hunger strike without a purpose. After that I continues to shovel crap into my body. And not a little bit, a lot. It's a wonder I'm not as big as a house right now.

The new year. January 2011. I was determined to make 2011 a better year. I mean, it couldn't get any worse than 2010! Shortly, and I mean really shortly- like a few days, into the new year I found out I was pregnant again. Then February 14th 2011 (yes, Valentine's Day) we found out that we lost yet another baby, at 9 weeks to miscarriage. Again, what better way to cope then to grab a bucket of chicken or some ice cream?

March 15th, I turned 21. About a week and a half after that I decided if I wanted things in my life to be great, I had to do it myself. I couldn't just sit around and expect good things to happen to me, I had to make an effort. First starting with the weight. sadly, it wasn't just going to melt off, so I started my MFP account on March 23rd 2011, weighing in at 200.2lbs.
By April 3rd, I weighed in at 190lbs. I left on a trip for a month on April 8th to go see some family. Came back, and weighed in at 194.6lbs. My last weigh in was May 27th, at 180.2lbs. So far I've lost 20lbs! My clothes aren't as tight, and I can tell a real difference. I am so proud of myself, and can't wait to see more results. 40 more lbs until I reach my high goal weight, 45 until I reach my low goal weight!

Anyways, I'll stop blabbing now. I am now trying to make friends on here, and I figure how can you be friend with someone who you know nothing about? Please feel free to tell me about yourself, and your story, and lets become friends! :smile:

Cally aka Serenity711

Replies

• RaniLeann
    RaniLeann Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I am PROUD of you and I dont even know you lol!
    You've been through soo much and despite all of that you still have the perseverance to get healthy and live a better lifestyle. :bigsmile:
    You have me as part of your support group now!
  • tonjay1
    tonjay1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow, I am sorry for all that you have been through. It is wonderful that you have found something positive out of all the negative. You are on the right road. I have struggled with weight for most of my life. I have 127 pounds to drop in order to reach my goal. I have two beautiful kids that I would love to see grow up. If I don't shed the pounds I know it will create major health problems for me. I joined MFP in April but just decided to log onto the website last week. It is nice to have someone to take the journey with. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish too. Good luck on your journey. Everything will work out for you. You will get the family you so desire. :smile:
  • Serenity711
    Serenity711 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @ RaniLeann - That is so sweet! I'm glad to have you in my support group! :)

Basically, I live for family. And if I'm going to be around to have a family, then this is something I HAVE to do. It sucks, but it pretty much got to a point that it was a mandatory thing that I had to do.

I look forward to getting to know you better, and cheering you on through your journey, whatever that may be. :)

@ tonjay1 - Well I am glad you found MFP! Stick with us and we'll give you all the support you could ever want! I've just now gotten into the friends aspect of this site (hence this post), but I've lurked on other posts to find that people here are very supportive, and they don't mind giving constructive criticism. (Which lets face it, we all need some of that from time to time.) I wish you all the luck, and I hope to see you around here more! :smile:
  • roflitsval
    roflitsval Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with them, you've been through a lot and even after all your loses you still want to look at things positively and get healthy. I'm proud of you!

I'm Valeria, 19 years old living in Los Angeles, CA - where I'm constantly being reminded that being thin is good and that being overweight is well, undesirable to say the least. I used to be really thin, until I hit middle school. Ever since then, I've been gaining weight. I didn't think it was so bad at first, I was only a teen. I started to play soccer and ran cross country, so I was at my best. It's been 2 years since I graduated hight school (I stopped almost all exercise as soon as I got a job at the age of 16) and I've gained another 20 lbs. I weigh 180 at the moment, ugh. I'm the fat friend, I don't feel good in anything I wear and I am so not in shape anymore.
    I want to lose weight not only because I want to be healthy, but also to be comfortable in my own body.
  • Serenity711
    Options
    @ roflitsval - I know exactly what you mean. I feel like "the fat friend" at times too. We all can do this though. It's hard work, but I truly believe with enough determination we can get to were we need to be to be comfortable in our own skin. We won't be "the fat friends" much longer! We'll show the world that WE can achieve this goal! Good luck hun!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey View all of Serenity sorry you've had such a rough time. I've sent you a request, so we can support each other
  • roflitsval
    roflitsval Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I'm trying to drag my best friend back into this site and we're going to work out tomorrow morning. I'm almost done with my finals so I'll have all summer to work out and get my eating habits in order. :)

Good luck to you too!
  • Serenity711
    Options
    Hahaha! I know what you mean! As good as it is to have the viral support, it's always better with a physical friend to help support! I actually got my boyfriend, Shane, on here. all he does is log, (well I do for him) but if I ever forget to log is meals for the day he gets really upset about it. Haha! He's doing good here too! He's lost almost 20lbs himself, and I'm sure when he weighs in tomorrow he will have surpassed me. I'm at a bit of a slump right now. Hopefully soon that will change!
  • Mojave69
    Mojave69 Posts: 40
    Options
    Great post :)
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "YOU HAD ME AT HELLO!"

So very sorry, for your rough road of heartache! :( My sincere thoughts and prayers are with you! And I know you are on the right path to health, wellness and healing. I pray you give your body, mind and soul some time to heal! ^¡^ "Hugs"

I read all your stories, and I believe we are all here to have a much longer and healthier life! And it will be so much easier, having each other's support and motivation!

You are all more than welcome to add me. :) The more the merrier!

You all, have an amazing day/afternoon/evening, where ever you are, in our world!!

Cheers to our first steps of comitment, to longer, healthier, happier and blessed lives!

Your Health Pal~

Darlene
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Wow, what a post....

Well done so far, and all the best for future goals..
  • Serenity711
    Options
    Mojave69, DarMC, & fatmikeslim - Thanks for the support!
  • kellem37
    kellem37 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Serenity,

My name is Kellem and i've been struggling with my weight for quite sometime now. I have 3 wonderful kids and a wonderful husband, we all love to eat, of course all the delicious foods that makes us gain weight. I'm tired of trying all the fad diets out there, so I decided to join MFP. I'm hoping to get all the support needed to stick it out til I lose all the weight I need to lose. I started excercising about a month ago and I feel great!!!! I have a very hectic life and hardly have time to plan my meals, but this website and the phone app has really helped me keep track of what I put in my mouth, I'm proud to say that i've already lost about 5 lbs.

I'm glad you have joined MFP as well, so we can all support each other with this journey!!! I wish you the best luck ever and count me in as your friend!!!:smile:
  • Serenity711
    Options
    Thank you Kellem! It's nice to meet you, and good luck!
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your story is extremely inspiring to live each day to the fullest and to never take things for granted.

I am proud of the weight you have lost. Please add me on here so we can cheer each other on.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Your post brought tears to my eyes for a couple of reasons. 1) Im very close to my mother and would be devastated if anything would to happen to her. 2) My niece went through a similar experience as you did. Not quite 3 yrs ago, she gave birth to a baby girl who probably weighed around the same, if not less. Although I didn't see Kelsey in person, there were a lot of pictures taken, and I have never seen anything so small! My smallest baby was 9lb 71/2oz and my largest was 11 lbs 7oz...so it was hard to wrap my brain around a precious 1 lbs baby. You have been through a lot in your life, but you seem like a very strong person....good luck with all that you do!!
  • Serenity711
    Options
    @ shanners85, and 4boys4me04 - Thank you guys so much! Good luck to you both on your journey! I added you both as friends on here. I hope I can offer up the same amount of support that my MFP friends offer to me!