Hello

Options
marrythegaga91
marrythegaga91 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Lindsay. I've used my fitness pal before, but it's been a while since I've logged on. I started using it again because a dietitian I'm working with recommended I use it. I'm currently about 265 pounds and I really hate myself. I struggle with depression and anxiety as well, which makes losing weight really hard for me. I use food to cope with my negative feelings and it's really hard to give that up. I also feel that I'm addicted to certain foods...sugar in particular. I hope to gain healthy coping skills while on this journey to lose weight. I know healthy coping skills, I just need to use them. I've struggled with food/weight since I was at least 10. I'm now 23 and I feel really out of control. I isolate a lot because of my weight and I don't socialize with friends very much. I hope to gain confidence and learn how to love myself, no matter how I look. I'm hoping to make some friends on here and listen to other people's stories. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• ughh740
    ughh740 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well no reason for depression I'll tell you that right now.
    You first must be positive!
    Also don't 100% focus on this. You want to lose weight. but if you dread on it, trust me it will bring you down. So get a side hobby for when you are thinking of wanting more food and what not
    Also most important
    I'll be your friend! If you want at least :)
    Feel free to msg me about anything
  • marrythegaga91
    Options
    Hi ughh740. Thanks for your advice. I know there is no need for depression, but I can't help it sometimes. I have major depressive disorder and I take medication for it, but it doesn't do much. I wish it could be as easy as you say...just be positive. I am trying though, and that's what counts.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay, Welcome to MFP :)
    I'm so sorry to hear you arent in a good place right now. It saddens me to hear that you hate yourself and I really want you to work on that if you can. Your weight does not define you - you have so much to offer the world. Remember that. If you are positive and believe in yourself, you'll lose this weight. But the self doubt and hatred isn't going to be good for you. Please try and work on that. If you struggle, use these forums as a tool to lift you up a bit. You are worthy of a good life. Good luck.
  • marrythegaga91
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words PinkPixiexox. I'm going to work on being more positive.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,790 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You are as important and as special as any other person. I think it is great that you want to work on your health. I can relate to having a weight problem at an early age but I am turning 50 soon and you my dear are smart in starting early. You can do this one day and one pound at a time, but you need to want to put in the effort. It will not be easy, but it is definitely doable. Always remember that you are never alone on this journey! I wish you the best of luck :)