MCDONALD'S CONFESSIONALS!!

Options
Last night was FUN but i'm regretting the shots & LITs...we stopped by mcdonalds to top off the night (OMG Where's the will power). This is my first week of MFP but i was doing so good during the week!!! I'm so pissed off and dont even want to go workout this morning..............WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WELCOME GUYS/GALS, have you been in this place?

Replies

• rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Go workout!! You will feel less guilty!!
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GO WORK OUT!! you'll seriously feel better afterwards. there are always cheat days or times you fall off... but just pick right back up and keep at it!! after some pigging out on memorial day, i felt horrible and didn't want to work out... but i forced myself too... but what made me REALLY feel better was the great work i did DURING the week that still showed on the scale, even after eating too much/eating bad.

keep at it!! it's only your first week!!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Words of Encouragement.... The only failure is to stop trying.

You are human, go work out.. be pissed off..work out hard, drink oodles of oz of water..... You are never going to be perfect!!

*as i sit here munching on multi colored Goldfish*

Get up, Get Movin'............................. Stand up, Face Forward, and Put one foot in front of the other...

What is behind you is already done............ step forward and move on
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! On nights I know I'm going to go out and splurge I make sure to go to the gym...HARD that day AND the next day. Don't ever feel guilty about doing something you wanted to do. Accept that you did it and then use it as inspiration to work harder the next day.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    don't sweat it, sure it sucks...I kinda ate like a heffer yesterday...I have been here for about 4 months....and I have good days and bad all the time...you say you don't feel like working out? well just go, show that McDonalds who is boss, my best work outs are when I am down and don't feel like it....don't let the night out win, but also don't be afraid of it....
  • DunnaStunna
    DunnaStunna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! but you'll feel much better if you work out. keep with it! it pays off :)
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    HAHA i love my McDonalds breakfast... and i have to drive buy it every morning to get to work eh so yes i am def understanding ur pain. BUT remember baby steps if this is ur first week and you only went off course ONCE that is great...

I agree with Rosy GO TO THE GYM... it will make you feel better ANDgive you extra calories for McDonalds later (just kidding)
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    don't sweat it, sure it sucks...I kinda ate like a heffer yesterday...I have been here for about 4 months....and I have good days and bad all the time...you say you don't feel like working out? well just go, show that McDonalds who is boss, my best work outs are when I am down and don't feel like it....don't let the night out win, but also don't be afraid of it....
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Two wrongs don't make a right. If you are feeling guilty about eating McD's just think about how much more guilt you will feel for missing your workout, too. Tell yourself you are going to burn off all of the fat and calories that you consumed last night and give it your all! Go for it, you deserve it!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    One blow-out don't mean the end cross a line through that day and carry on.
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I went this morning to mcdonalds and I know the feeling. will try to do some exercise later.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, that was yesterday, and today is a fresh start. Besides, one trip to Mickey D's isn't the end of the world. Shake it off, and get back to business!!
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That was me last weekend! Get back to the gym asap and back on the proper eating wagon and you'll feel better!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind me telling you all about myself. I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I believe in eating anything that I want and in moderation. I like to follow the food pyramid. I believe in a lifestyle change.

To me, diets makes people feel guilty about things they eat and that shouldn't be so. A piece of cake or french fries shouldn't make a person feel bad. Nothing should have control over your happiness.

I know some of you believe in diets and that's fine for you, but don't let a diet make you feel guilty, because you have eaten something that you feel you shouldn't have.

Exercise is good for the body and mind. So, yes, still go work out.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hey you learn from your mistakes. Just pick yourself up and keep on going!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, that was yesterday, and today is a fresh start. Besides, one trip to Mickey D's isn't the end of the world. Shake it off, and get back to business!!

Sorry to interrupt this post but have to say Bigpelly8 awesome change there!!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind me telling you all about myself. I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I believe in eating anything that I want and in moderation. I like to follow the food pyramid. I believe in a lifestyle change.

To me, diets makes people feel guilty about things they eat and that shouldn't be so. A piece of cake or french fries shouldn't make a person feel bad. Nothing should have control over your happiness.

I know some of you believe in diets and that's fine for you, but don't let a diet make you feel guilty, because you have eaten something that you feel you shouldn't have.

I totally agree. I keep telling myself that this is NOT a diet. I still on ocassion, eat bad. Ok, I kinda do it regularly, but hey, that's my life. I deal with it. I'm not going to live in a bubble. If I do bad I TRY to make up for it, if I can't, then I just deal & move on. Life is too short to stress over food. Moderation is key.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    As I read this, I am sitting here thinking..........McNuggets with that new spicy chili sauce. :ohwell:
    H E L P
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options

I dont mind you sharing your story about yourself, I also do not "diet"... I eat smart, as we were taught in elementary school... FAD diets do not work long term....... The "know how" is all basic common sense.....Elementary school taught about proper nutrition and Weekly P.E / GYM classes..................its not rocket science... We've been taught the same song & dance since Kindergarten...(If not prior to that from parents)...... Some of us just dont listen very well, until we screw up, then we have to crawl back to those "basic" rules we were taught WAY BACK WHEN our life was simple!. =)
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This was just the motivation i NEEDED thanks so much guys!!! i';m STILL feeling the burn from this boot camp class at my gym LOL!! keep up the good work everyone!!