Tell me how you did it, early morning exercisers!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options

That is awesome! I have my phone set to text my GF a wake up call to meet me at bootcamp and it doesn't always work but that's genius.

I totally felt brilliant when I did it! I was telling myself I'm a genius!! Lol Monday morning I was giggling to myself the whole time i was rushing to the treadmill. It felt crazy because I decided that this was the best time to do it and I finally found a way to make it happen. Just hope I keep it up and it doesn't start to sucked like this morning (day three).

• pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I was never able to get up at 5am to work out I always had two alarms set and it never worked. I'm in the same position where I have to start getting the kids ready by 6 o'clock. This week I discovered the app called alarmy. It forces you to get up out of bed and take a picture of something before to turn off the alarm. I have two alarms set first alarm at 5 a.m. take a picture of the bathroom sink. And one set at 5:08 take a picture of the treadmill. Trying to do it everyday even if I don't work out. I need to reset my sleep schedule and make it happen. Today kinda suckered because I didn't sleep well, so I ate a little and did a 7 minute hiit. I know I need to have a rest day or two but I still want to try to wake up everyday at 5.

That is awesome! I have my phone set to text my GF a wake up call to meet me at bootcamp and it doesn't always work but that's genius.

Idk why the quote didn't stick, but thanks!
  • lmlilly
    lmlilly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am to work out most weekdays. I love it. I love the stillness of the morning. I love seeing the sun rise on my way out of the gym. I love being done with my workout before many people are even out of bed.

I get all my clothes ready the night before. I usually wake up around 3:30, I guess I've been waking up this time long enough (over a year now) that most mornings my bladder wakes me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've never been a morning exerciser.. it's not just the issue of getting up at an ungodly hour.. But the fact that it takes me at least a couple hours for my legs to function normally. I do walk in the mornings, but it's more of a shuffle first thing. It's like my body is weighed down with lead.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    lmlilly wrote: »

I guess I've been waking up this time long enough (over a year now) that most mornings my bladder wakes me.

Truth! My bladder adjusts long before I do! Ha!
  • ash_tree_clearing
    Options
    No one has mentioned this yet, which may just be circumstantial, but I like not having to wait for the machines I like to use. I have a modest membership for the local rec centers, which open @ 5:00, and even with the morning regulars who open the place, there is enough to go around.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's more about attitude than anything else. If you really want to exercise in the morning, you'll do the things needed to do it. Like go to bed earlier or whatever things you used to do before bed, get done earlier.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I loooove my early morning workouts! I get the entire gym to myself. I watch the sunrise as I'm leaving and just feel so energised and bouncy got the rest of the day.
    I set my alarm for 3.45. Get up at 4 and head to the gym. I sleep in my workout shirt and undies so ask I need to do is put on my pants, socks and joggers and head out the door.
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My schedule

415am : wake up, dog out, pre workout drink, water, creatine, other supps, of to gym.
    5am : gym, 2hrs
    7am : protein, creatine, carnitine (all in the car at gym), head home, shower
    8am : breakfast
    845-9am : day started, loads of energy, endorphins pumping, fealing fantastic.
    6-7pm : dinner
    7-9pm : clean up, relax
    9pm : caesin shake (ultra peptide;cinnamon roll mmmmmm)
    915pm : in bed

Rinse and repeat x6 (Saturday's the gym opens at 7 :)

Now I write all of this simply to explain that it's repetition that makes it work for me. I know exactly what needs to happen and at what time and it all starts with the wake up. Tough to start but after about 3 weeks it's easy almost becomes muscle memory. Plus, that feeling of having completed so much by the time most are drinking their first cup of coffee, looking at you like you're crazy, priceless :) I also do a fasted workout so morning workouts makes it simple.