Help me :(

Options
I completely binged tonight ..... I feel so disgusted with myself.

Should I restrict tomorrow? Or is it better to just act like today never happened and not restrict?

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Nothing happened. You ate more than you intended to. You are still yourself, just fuller than you intended. Eat healthily tomorrow. Only thing that getting disgusted with yourself will do is make you miserable and possibly derail your future plans.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you go over? Without specifics we can't tell you much.
  • sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As long as it isn't an everyday thing u shouldn't worry too much
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, log what you ate (be honest!!!) and start again tomorrow. Tomorrow eat a normal calorie goal; maybe try for some extra activity. One night's binge does not have to derail your weight loss goal. Track it and move on!
  • kewilly71
    kewilly71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's a long term mission...one night wont matter..its when it adds up over time. move forward...onwards and upwards
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You don't look overweight. Your goal is to lose 6 lbs. Only 6 lbs! That's pretty much maintenance range.

Don't worry about tonight! If it's just one night, consider it a treat you surely deserve, you petite thing, you!

And if this really bothers you, that bothers me.

Read this, in that case.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Body_image_issues_for_women?OpenDocument

And do this:
    • Reflect on your experiences and try to unravel the development of your body image from childhood.
    • Talk about feelings and experiences with other women who have similar concerns.
    • Make a pact with yourself to treat your body with respect, which includes giving it enough food and rest.
    • Give yourself a break from women’s magazines and the mass media for a while.
    • Try some form of physical activity purely for the fun of it, not as a means of weight loss.
    • Stop weighing yourself.
    • Change your goal from weight loss to improving your health.
    • Get informed by reading up on body image issues.
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You are human and will have days like that ... Don't feel bad! Just focus and stick to your calories :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Find out if you binged because you restricted too much, and if you restrict too much because you feel disgusted with yourself. Food is good, but shouldn't use more of our attention than it's worth.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Forget it. Wipe the slate clean - These things happen.
    Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh set of calories :)
  • katiegud
    katiegud Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I went away for a week and ate 4300 calories more than I intended, if that makes you feel better! One night is not going to be a problem.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think that the word "binge" often gets used excessively.
  • bloody88
    bloody88 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would most likely eat normally, maybe 100-150calories less than MFP goal, I would log every single bit of that binge tho.
    I'd overestimate as well. So the next time I'd think twice.