Fat Back Probs

Options
Anyone know any great exercised body weight, cardio, or regular weight exercises to target the back fat right below the bra strap? I'm 19 5'3 female weighing at 148 and struggling really hard with this issue.

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You're at a pretty healthy weight for your height but dropping your body fat percentage and building some lean muscle will likely help with this. Think dumbbell rows, pull ups, incline rows, bent over reverse flys etc.

Also get a proper bra fitting!! That can make all the difference - it may just be that you're wearing a bra that doesn't fit properly.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're at a pretty healthy weight for your height but dropping your body fat percentage and building some lean muscle will likely help with this. Think dumbbell rows, pull ups, incline rows, bent over reverse flys etc.

Also get a proper bra fitting!! That can make all the difference - it may just be that you're wearing a bra that doesn't fit properly.

She is in the overweight BMI range by 1.2 points.

Get into the healthy BMI range and do the back exercises that oh_happy_day posted about. You can't target where your body loses fat, you have to just lose a certain amount to start seeing underlying muscle everywhere.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce any part of the body with exercise. Body fat is lost systematically. Lots of fitness "gurus" tell you this stuff to sell more videos or books, but the reality is exercise is for health and fitness. Calorie deficit for fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    PurexLover wrote: »
    Anyone know any great exercised body weight, cardio, or regular weight exercises to target the back fat right below the bra strap? I'm 19 5'3 female weighing at 148 and struggling really hard with this issue.

Buy new bras. Not joking. You have a bra problem. Go to a good store where they will spend the time to measure you probably and get you a bra that fits.
  • Hamez_UK
    Hamez_UK Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LIFT! Get on a good lifting program and make sure you have rows and pull ups in there (stronglifts is good for this) and continue with your MFP goals. You will start to notice a difference this way.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »

She is in the overweight BMI range by 1.2 points.

Get into the healthy BMI range and do the back exercises that oh_happy_day posted about. You can't target where your body loses fat, you have to just lose a certain amount to start seeing underlying muscle everywhere.

That's why I said pretty healthy. We don't know what her body composition is and she's also only 19 so could possibly still be growing.
  • PurexLover
    PurexLover Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I'm gonna try the exercises y'all suggested. I just got fitted for a bra new bra size about three weeks ago. I've always been top heavy even in high school when I weighed 120 I was in a size 34 D it's ridiculous. :/