Wii with wrist weights??

Options
I really like Wii bowling. I think I am going to get some light wrist weights and start wearing them when play. I am going to play two player and make an alter-ego Mii to play left handed with. I figure it might be a good arm workout. A workout while I am having fun...what a concept?!?

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I really like Wii bowling. I think I am going to get some light wrist weights and start wearing them when play. I am going to play two player and make an alter-ego Mii to play left handed with. I figure it might be a good arm workout. A workout while I am having fun...what a concept?!?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wrist or hand weights is a great idea, just be careful you don't pull tendons -- go easy at first and make sure you're warmed up a little. Just a couple pounds makes a huge difference in the cal burn! Good luck and have fun!!!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I just did the My Fitness Coach for Wii and WOW what a workout! She was making me do things I've never done before!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Wii just got a we for christmas, lol! And you really can get quite the workout too! Plus, my Wii Bowling is much better than the real score, so goodbye Bowling Alley, and smelly shoes!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Wii just got a we for christmas, lol! And you really can get quite the workout too! Plus, my Wii Bowling is much better than the real score, so goodbye Bowling Alley, and smelly shoes!

We have spent more time together as a family since we got ours! Instead of once a month family game night...it is every night! Plus we are moving around vs. sitting looking at a board game!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I bought the two pound each glove weights today and tried bowling this afternoon. It worked like a pro. The weights are on the top of my hand. There are places for all my fingers and thumbs and it velcros for extra support around my wrist. When I wasn't bowling I was pumping my arms. It felt good. I bowled okay..not quite as good as I did without them, but like everything else, practice makes perfect!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I love my wii fit. They even make hand weights for the wii and all kinds of other stuff to keep people buying. I also have the fitness coach game. Its great, I love that it tells you the amount of calories burnt. I'm not very good at staying on track though. I need to workout more often.