Nineteen Pounds in Six Weeks!

Options
I started on Saturday July 25. I was 221.8 lbs with a 47.5 inch mid-section. This morning I weighed in at 203.0 and my mid-section measures 44.25. I'm still "obese" (my goal weight is 165) but today I am celebrating accomplishing 35% of my weight-loss goal (18.8 lbs down) and 4.25 less inches around my waist.
I did this to support my wife Karen who began a nutrimost program at the same time. I knew it was going to be a tough road for her so I committed to my own type of discipline to support her. I committed to eat right, use my fitness pal, go to the gym one hour a day and not drink any Jim Beam and Coke. I did it!
She lost 21 lbs and now we are on a roll! It's actually been fun! I have averaged 1500 calories a day with about 50% coming from carbs and 25% each coming from fat and proteins. Thirty minutes on the elliptical (burning over 400 calories) was essential along with 30 minutes of mild strength training. I've averaged 3.1 pounds per week for 6 weeks. My goal is to be at my ideal weight by Christmas.
The best is yet to come!

Replies

• karenlloydjames
    Options
    Wow. Good for you. Sounds like you really committed to changing your lifestyle. Great that you and your wife can support each other. Good luck in the rest of your weight loss journey.
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! That's the way marriage should be! Supporting each other. My husband has started eating better and exercising too. It has helped me so much!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love this! My husband and I started our lifestyle change on July 8th and have also have amazing success - I really feel like having full support helps significantly in having solid determination. Congratulations!
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My husband started mfp first, but when I saw his results, I jumped on the bandwagon! So grateful he took the first steps toward getting healthier. Congrats to you and your wife on your loss!
  • carolyntbeigie
    carolyntbeigie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm starting phase 4 and lost 30 pounds in phase 2. Excited to start the next phase!
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! But come on... sacrifice the coke but not the Jim Beam! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!