Making Progress

I am one of those people that just dislike running and on top of that I haaaaate running in public where there are passing cars, pedestrians etc BUT today I made massive progress - I ran for 2 miles in public. To some it's 'nothing' but to me it was a massive achievement. I had been putting it off for so long and thought I'll just give it a go...and actually it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was to busy concentrating on running (and breathing haha) that I forgot about all the cars and people. I'm just posting this just incase anyone who is like me is worried or self conscious of working out or running in public just to say "You can do it!" Now I think about it people probably aren't even looking and if they are they're probably thinking "*kitten* I better get into my running shoes again too". I'm so happy with my first run in public that I'm determined to do it everyday!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    That's awesome! I wish I could run but bad knees don't allow me. I still try sometimes though because I remember how good it felt to run when was younger. I often admire runners as they pass by me on the street. Keep at it!
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    It is awesome! Keep it up!
  • Thanks guys appreciate the support!! X
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Great job! It's so funny, when we put our fears of working out in front of other people aside, we find out no one is really paying attention to us anyway :) Keep up the good work!