Very high BMI

Options
Hello,
I'm currently 23 with type 2 diabetes and I weigh nearly 300lbs.
I have to get to 140lb minimum for my health. It's a helluva goal and I think I'm finally ready for the long haul.
Looking for tips, inspiration and help. Wouldn't mind a friend or two who is in the same boat as me.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Break your goal into small increments (Example - 6lbs per month). You'll enjoy hitting your targets and it makes this seem a lot less daunting :) Best of luck.
  • LennyLentils
    LennyLentils Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me for some extra motivation :smile:
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just take it a little at a time, i take it 1 stone at a time and get super excited when i get into the next stone range. To me this is not a diet its learning to eat right and understanding what your body needs x
  • GlutenFreeAussieGirl
    Options
    I'm just starting the journey to lose 50kg, which is about 100lb. I'm trying not to get too hung up on the weight-side of things (I know that with my personality, if I look at the long road ahead I'll get discouraged), and instead focus on what I eat and what I do. I've been at it for about a fortnight and it's going fairly well. I'm going back to the drs in three weeks so she can track my progress. I'm letting her worry about the weight, and I'll control everything else.

Best of luck! We're all in this together
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not a diabetic but I have a similar goal. Change won't happen over night but each day we have the opportunity to contribute to a more healthy lifestyle. Don't be intimidated by your goal. You can do it.
  • eternallybound
    eternallybound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys!!
    Trying to do just that. Broke it down into smaller goals and I find non-food related ways to celebrate!