Low Carbing Brit !

Options
Hi y'all. I am going to be using myfitnesspal to track my fat and carbs really and to make sure I don't overdo the protein, which some people do on a LCHF diet. For me, it's a way of life rather than a diet, because I have Type 2 diabetes, despite being low risk for it :'(

I have lost a lot of weight already so I'm just wanting to tone up my stomach (having rediscovered my stomach muscles hehe) and keep blood pressure low.

I live in SE England but spent a year at school in Canada and lived there two years so I'm fairly fluent in N American ;)

So yeah that's the basics.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
    Wishing you the best of luck.
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I did a LCHF diet a few years back and the weight seemed to melt off. I also had trouble with too much protein at times. I consider going back to LCHF often now. The second best thing about it was the fact that I had so much energy while on it. I had a lot to devote to exercise.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    There are more eating LCHF at the Low Carber Daily group, if you want to find more low carbers.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @Collobrieres welcome. I do very LCHF eating lifestyle to manage my arthritis joint and muscle pain. Since after the first 30 days of living in a state of nutritional ketosis my pain was well managed and other health issues were resolving I plan to eat this way for life. I have been at it for about a year now. Maybe it is my age but I have to go very light on protein or the resulting glucose will knock me out of ketosis.

In my case I had to leave food containing sugars and grains cold turkey when I failed to taper off of carbs. Having to limit my protein I guess just how I can not handle glucose as I age.

Best of continued health to you.