weigh-in help!!!?

Options
:frown: So as of today i haven't lost anymore weight yet, but it has only been a week! So i was wondering, how often do you all face the dreaded scale??

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    sometimes daily sometimes only thursdays and mondays. I only record thursdays and mondays though.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    i jump on and off them quite regularly but only ever record Sundays weight.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Once a week, that's it. It would drive me up the wall if I weighed any more often. Good luck!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I record Saturday mornings BUT I try to not look more than twice a week- I felt like I was getting kind of obsessed with the scale :(
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i record once a week, and skip a week if TOM has arrived - i wait til it's gone cause i know i'm just hanging on to water!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every monday. I have read its not good to weigh yourself everyday because your body weight changes so much due to water weight. I have found this to be true with myself.. when I first started seeing weight come off I would weigh myself everyday then get upset if it was even half a pound up. Hope this helps! Just remember keep going and you will loose that weight!!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. I weigh every morning but no longer worry about every half pound fluctuation up or down. I generally count the Saturday and Thursday weights though because I always seem to lose weight through the second part of the week for no particularly good reason that I can think of! I like to weigh in every day because I find it makes me less likely to cheat.
  • hayley_m
    hayley_m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i weigh in nd record on a friday morning...purely to give myself longer after the weekend to recover if its been heavy one ;) but i do jump on maybe a couple times a week to see how hard i need to push that week!!
  • eraines05
    eraines05 Posts: 1
    Options
    ive lost 10 ibs last month ( first month doing the fitness pal) and this last week Ive lost nothing but maintained ( was lossing a pound a week for the first month) I am going under caleries everyday and buring 500-700 calories a day with excersize 7 days a week!!

Any suggestions?
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My trainer acctually says to weigh yourself every morning. He says to do it in he morning because that will be your truest weight.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning, first thing. As was already said, it's no good to do it more than that because weight fluctuates daily, esp. when you're approaching your period and retain water. I do my measurements every 2 weeks.
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Once a week otherwise you will go crazy wondering why one day you are up a couple pounds and the next day at the same weight. Don't obsess over the scale just keeping doing what you are doing and the weight will come off.
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Once a week otherwise you will go crazy wondering why one day you are up a couple pounds and the next day at the same weight. Don't obsess over the scale just keeping doing what you are doing and the weight will come off.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there
    well I did my weight check on a monday but then started to check twice a week as my weight did not seem to move after loseing 10lbs but joined a gym and hoping it will kick start it again
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure myself every morning - for exactly the same reason that people give for weighing only once a week!

Even though I weigh my "body only" (ie after going to the toilet and before having a drink) first thing every morning, my weight can fluctuate by up to a pound day by day.

That means that weights taken one or even two weeks apart could actually show an increase, which would be incredibly discouraging, even though the daily graph shows a clear downward trend. Of course if you're the sort of person who freaks out at daily changes, that wouldn't work for you.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I only log it on Wends.