Starting again

Options
I am a 54 years old Accountant for a small company. I have lost weight but I now have gained it all back plus. I want to loss the weight but with sitting at a computer most of the day it is hard. I try to get up early to exercies but sometimes that just does not happen. I hope with tracking my eating it will help. I just really need to log everything and since this is on my blackberry and computer I hope it will help. :smile:

Replies

• tbakerwa
    tbakerwa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I, too, am an accountant sitting at a computer all day. I am at my heaviest ever, and am not happy about it. I have tracked my food and calories in the past and it has helped, so here I am again, just using a different program. We can do it! :happy:
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    good luck for your weight loss :)

i also sit at a computer all day, but in my first week i have lost 5 pounds:)
    maybe try and walk more often, if theres a lift at work, take the stairs?
    or go for a walk on your lunch break?
    everything little adds up :)

X
  • shortmom5
    shortmom5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too am at my heaviest. As a stay at home wife/mom it is just too easy to snack all day and never really eat a healty meal. Hoping this opens my eyes to what I really am taking in. Good luck all!:flowerforyou:
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just admitting how many calories you've eaten goes a long way. At least for me.
  • ritas1982
    ritas1982 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am an accounting student and a full time bookkeeper right now. So I sit at a desk all day then go to class at night and sit there to. I also have been trying to get up in the morning and workout but I am not a morning person so this week I got no exercise in. But I stuck within my calories and lost 3 pounds since Tuesday. So I think watching calories will help a lot and trying to get in more exercise to. That is my goal this week to get up and get a workout in.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    LOL what is it with accountants and book-keepers.......

No seriously, I also am a book-keeper (semi retired now) sat at the desk day in day out.... it does not help posture let alone weight so exercise is a must really if you can get it fit in. I have a bad back which is why I'm downing tools at the end of the year when I hit 60!!!
    Daily tracking has helped me so give it a try

Good luck with your progress

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like

Di
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    LOL what is it with accountants and book-keepers.......

No seriously, I also am a book-keeper (semi retired now) sat at the desk day in day out.... it does not help posture let alone weight so exercise is a must really if you can get it fit in. I have a bad back which is why I'm downing tools at the end of the year when I hit 60!!!
    Daily tracking has helped me so give it a try

Good luck with your progress

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like

Di