Hi I am 55years old type 2 diabetes.

Options
I have tried this in past but have failed. Went for blood work my glucose number extremely high. Obese extreme. I half to do something now. This is me starting over. So I am taking it from the beginning. Like to created a support circle.

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP :) it is doable, read the sticky help notes, they were a huge help to me.
    i am prediabetic controlled by medication however my blood sugars have recently gone down to normal with losing 50 pounds & lots of exercise.
    Weigh your foods with a food scale & yes i weigh everything even at work. My co-workers are now used to seeing my foodscale & don't comment.
    I've cut out most added sugar, just cannot let go of my morning cereal & evening cereal. The best to you in this journey to good health
  • pollymckee
    pollymckee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also pre-diabetic and will turn 60 in October!! Ughhh! Anyways, I was using this app previously and saw a big difference in my HgbA1C numbers and my doctor was very happy! HOWEVER, I stopped doing this in the past six months and had lab work done yesterday, and my numbers are really high!!! Anyways, I'm trying to get back on track and would appreciate any support or guidance that you can give me! Thanks and good luck to you all too! :)
  • lrichie101
    lrichie101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps! I'm new to this app. I have high cholesterol and pre-diabetic. And I am 55 since June. I'm wondering if the calorie and nutrient numbers are accurate?
  • mollyhen17
    mollyhen17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lrichie101 wrote: »
    Hi peeps! I'm new to this app. I have high cholesterol and pre-diabetic. And I am 55 since June. I'm wondering if the calorie and nutrient numbers are accurate?
    Personally I would never touch/eat anything in a packet or tin or eat a takeaway type product with the nutrition/calories on it when I am on a weight loss diet. I believe that many manufacturers are very economical with the truth and lull you into thinking their product is acceptable. But they will be more calorific than the label says. Buy fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables/salads, weigh it raw and cook it yourself.
    You will feel better for it.

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Not to be rude to the poster above, but I have eaten many things that are pre-packaged and I am losing weight consistently. This journey is not easy but it is so worth it. I am on week 12 and I feel so much better. The benefits are huge, so the sacrifices are definitely worth it :)
  • virgenminaramospagan
    Options
    Hi every body. Specially Elizabeth2360. I eat pre packaged and can packaged food. It is that I eat less. Becarefull with the white food, even vegetables (high starch vegetables). I only drink tea, coffee and water.