Returner

Options
Hi my husband and I are so frustrated since taking the life style change of eating healthy and ditching processed food back in May this year, we are not loosing weight! We are religiously following the Get the glow by Madeleine shaw and Hemsley & Hemsley the art of eating well recipes. It's been hard to change the mind set of moving away from low fat to embracing healthy fats like coconut oil! Can't find any online references to gaining weight following these receipies . Anybody else in the same boat?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you track your calorie intake on MFP? Do you use a food scale?
  • mickiford73
    mickiford73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have started to track calories now, the books promote that you don't have to. I also stick religiously to the right measurements too. I am hoping by the time I log all calories against the receipies it may unearth something.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I have started to track calories now, the books promote that you don't have to. I also stick religiously to the right measurements too. I am hoping by the time I log all calories against the receipies it may unearth something.

It's all about the calories you take in and it sounds like it's not working for you. Get a food scale and start tracking accurately and you'll see it is about the calories.
  • the_safwan
    the_safwan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • mickiford73
    Options
    Thanks both will keep you posted!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Thanks both will keep you posted!

You've got this:)
  • mickiford73
    Options
    :)
  • cookieluvs2sing125
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Micki, I am also a returner and Although I initially lost almost 20 pounds from the beginning and I have cut out all sodas, and food high in carbs, sugar and I feel like I am at a plateau. I am very good about tracking ALL my foods. Not cheating at all. I measure all my meals and still this week, I've only lost .04. Any thoughts? What could I be doing wrong?