30 lbs by December?

Options
hello everyone, I just recently started to use this app and so far it has been really helpful. I would love to lose 30lbs by December, it seems realistic to me although I have PCOS which makes it "complicated", but anyway looking forward to meet new peeps that can motivate me and help stay focus. If everyone else can, why not us, right?

Replies

• marcusoshea123
    marcusoshea123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi johana,

If you have a good sense of exercise and good knowledge of food intake I would think it's a very achievable target..
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for 113 days and lost 30lbs so its doable x
  • marcusoshea123
    marcusoshea123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for 113 days and lost 30lbs so its doable x

Superb
  • jarrettwhite07
    jarrettwhite07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely just need good focus and a good attitude
  • missymelmel2002
    missymelmel2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS... and my weight is coming off very slow :( I adjusted my calorie intake and I will see if that helps any when I weigh again. Good Luck! I would love to lose 30 pounds by Christmas.
  • maddoaries
    maddoaries Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • sherlockedmfp
    sherlockedmfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal! Hoping to lose 30 pounds as soon as possible :) feel free to add me! I would love more friends and support on this site!
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think that is a awesome goal. I have set mine for 40. I am have already lost 12 so far. Please add me. I all about showing support in all of our journeys to a healthier life.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It should be doable. I've lost 30lbs in 45 days at a 1000 calorie deficit. Granted I probably weigh more than you do. My girlfriend was 195 and has lost 16 lbs in the same amount of time. I have a feeling that I'll lose 60-70 by Christmas and she will lose 30-50. Shes at 1200 calories/day, I don't know what that makes her deficit though.

The closer you are to your ideal weight based on age/height the slower you will lose since you shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day for prolonged periods of time. That being said, I still think 20-30 lbs is possible with discipline.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That is roughly 2 lb./week. It's possible to lose at that rate if you are very obese, but if all you need to lose to get to your goal weight is 30 lbs, it is not realistic. Having PCOS, as you point out, is an additional challenge.

Edit: Your profile says you are trying to lose 20 lbs., so I'm confused now about your goal weight. In either case, whether you are trying to lose 20 or 30 lbs. total, it is unrealistic to lose that quickly when you are so close to your ideal weight. I suggest a more realistic goal of no more than 15 lbs. by 12/25/15.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is my goal too. I started a month ago to allow myself 4 months to lose 30 lbs - the weight seems to be coming off slower this 2nd time around - but as of today, I am 9 lbs down. We can do this! Let's keep each other motivated!!
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. Only about 20 to go
  • the_safwan
    the_safwan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here.