Going off track??

Options
I have lost 90 pounds or so over a a ten month period.. I did great during that time. But for some reason the last few weeks I have done horrible with my eating habits. I haven't gained any weight back. But i feel like i don't have self control anymore.. Just kinda like a "I will eat what ever i want attitude." Has anyone had this problem? I did plateau for a couple weeks before I started eating this way (first time i have ever plateaued during this journey) Let me know if anyone has gone through this!!!

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost 25# a year ago and decided that I didn't need to be so careful because I knew how to lose. I stopped recording calories cuz I knew what the calories in most foods that I ate were. Anyway, I gained the 25 back in 6 months. Here I am again. If you slip up once in awhile you can get back on track. If you stray too far you might start gaining. Start logging again and keep in goal would be my advice.
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have my moments. I've become pretty good at recognizing it and getting back on track quickly. I have come so far losing 44lbs. I don't want to go back to where I was. Read some success stories on here. I find that helpful! Also remember why you did this in the first place. Make a note on your phone or on the fridge. Where ever you need a reminder. I also tell myself I wont gain all the weight back overnight either so after a bad day some positive self talk helps. You got this.
  • mannymoo5
    mannymoo5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am exactly where you are at the moment! I have been loosing weight for my wedding in November but hit a tough spot where I wasn't loosing anything and began to eat a bit more and a bit more and now I feel like I have no self control - today has been really bad - baking and eating what ever I like!! You are not alone!
    Start again tomorrow! Day 1...... Start out like you did all those months ago... And try to feel the motivation you had back then... Be positive and start a fresh... This time you have a head start!! Good luck :-)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat at maintenance for awhile. give yourself a little break. just make sure its a BREAK and not a PERMANENT thing. (unless of course youre happy where you are lol)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need a break :) that doesn't mean eat everything in sight, though. Calculate your maintenance calories an eat there for a few weeks- and keep logging. Then come back to your deficit!

A break will be good for your mind and body :)