That's Hard :(

Im facing hard time since i started my weight loss journey...
1st my family and my close friends they are always mocking they always tell me that i won't continue and i will fail as usual
2nd i have 2 brothers im the only girl in the house and we all work full time job so my mom prepare food for my brothers not for me so i do it by myself and sometimes its exhausting i dont know what to do about that.
Im doing everything by myself and its hard, i just need some support to keep on going
I dont want to fail and i am not gonna fail.

Replies

• annadaira
    annadaira Posts: 4 Member
    I do it all on my own also. Don't give up!!! Most of the time i spend 1 day a week (one of my days off) shopping and preparing foods tht are healthy,so it's not so hard to make the right choices or make dinner when I get home from work. I work 10 hr days and have an hr commute home. Because I already have all the veggies chopped and the meat already cooked, it only takes me 10-15 minutes to make dinner. Wouldn't it be great if you proved them all wrong?? That you are worth it and tht you can do anything you put your mind to.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    You can't rely on anyone to do anything for you. If you want something, do it yourself. Yes, it's hard. Life is hard. And that's okay.

Don't worry about what anyone else has to say. This is your life and you have total control. They'll shut up when they see your results!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    You got this. Don't give up!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    You don't need easy, you just need possible!

It is likely a good thing you are in charge of your food (you know exact counts on what is in it). Maybe consider some go to snacks or quick meals to have on hand? I keep slimfast shakes in the fridge...not saying it is the best choice but all I have to do is open it and I get 200 calories and protein. I also keep the canned progresso soups in the cupboard. If I am not feeling well it is a quick go to that keeps me on calorie goal. I get mine at the dollar store because I am cheap. I also get the slimfast at the dollar store (2 for a dollar).

I have had people tell me I can't do things my entire life. I have come to see time and time again that I can, and that their opinions are just that...THEIR opinions. Unasked for, based on their particular stuff, and no real bearing on me or my life. You CAN lose weight and be successful. That is up to you, 100%. I see this as a positive thing! Choose success, and reach out when you fear the failure. I will send you a friend request and am happy to offer whatever support I can! I am also happy just to listen if you need to vent.

We can't choose our family, and the close friends is alarming. It may be time to re-evaluate that situation and who you consider a close friend. OR you may simply decide your weight and journey is personal (meaning to you and you alone) and stop talking with them about it. Change the subject. Yawn when it is brought up. Talk about a Kardashian. You get the point. I get so much support from my MFP friends it is unreal. Here, I can share things freely. And most support it. I can share things that are private, I can share failures, anything under the sun.

Find a group of people here that can support you (trust me FEW understand the challenges other than the ones on the same path and the struggle is real...we are in it together and none of us are alone). I have found that most of us struggle with family stuff, especially when we change.

:)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Your mom cooks for everyone? Get involved in the planning, shopping, preparation, and the cooking of the food so that you can have a say in what goes into the meal and so your mom has an appreciating of what you need to be successful in your goals.