first day

Options
I'm here and I have to tell you just reading these posts is encouraging. I'm going to set a goal that for the next week (i think I can handle that) I will check in here everyday...I set some goals for today...just today...walk 30 min, drink 8 glasses of water, don't think about tomorrow...live today, pick up my pencil draw a line....ice been having trouble motivating myself as I've hit a plateau for a month! It ends today...I've allowed it to discourage me and stop me....thank you fellow health seekers...and thanks Joan.

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Seems a good plan. Every day, one at a time. If the weight is not moving grab a tape measure or find another non-scale victory.
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hookandy wrote: »
    Seems a good plan. Every day, one at a time. If the weight is not moving grab a tape measure or find another non-scale victory.

• Ulrike958
    Options
    Ulrike958 wrote: »
    hookandy wrote: »

Oh thank you...that is a great idea...focus on another area for encouragement...I hadn't thought of measuring...

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm here and I have to tell you just reading these posts is encouraging. I'm going to set a goal that for the next week (i think I can handle that) I will check in here everyday...I set some goals for today...just today...walk 30 min, drink 8 glasses of water, don't think about tomorrow...live today, pick up my pencil draw a line....ice been having trouble motivating myself as I've hit a plateau for a month! It ends today...I've allowed it to discourage me and stop me....thank you fellow health seekers...and thanks Joan.

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options

My message disappeared! If it duplicates, forgive me. ☺ You've got a great attitude! Realistic, sustainable, maintainable goals -- that's how we lose and keep it off. ☺
  • Ulrike958
    Options
    Thanks losinandmovin ...I'm glad I found this thread...I'm alone too much...