goals

Options
Hmmmm I'm at a point where I don't even know anymore how to set realistic goals. I started mfp in May...I have lost 28lbs....but have been stuck for a month....I do deal with osteo arthritis riddled through out my joints and a reconstructed knee. I "know" that I "need" to keep moving....I'm an artist do have a rather sedentary lifestyle which doesn't help. I have to keep reminding myself to move. I'm at a low ebb right now...I recognize this hence made a choice to not only read this thread but respond. I'm 60 years old...and need to work hard at not being old...hope that all makes sense.

Replies

• rebelgirl1969
    rebelgirl1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your post makes total sense. I sit at a desk all day. Sometime I go to a new place in order to motivate myself to move and explore and walk.

I am just back at it today from being away for awhile. Gained 20lbs
    My biggest challenge is STRESS and eating as a relief and comfort... Today I will work hard at staying on track. I threw out the last Twinkie instead of eating it.
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome rebel girl...that is kind of where I'm at...today.....stress is huge for me as well...and I know I eat for comfort and as a de-stresser....I applaud your action in throwing away the treats...for me it's putting on the runners and actually going out the door for a 30 minute walk...15 minutes one way...15 minutes back...I can do this!
  • rebelgirl1969
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT you deserve 30 minutes
  • Ulrike958
    Ulrike958 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did it! Day one...first goal...done!
  • rebelgirl1969
    Options
    Brava !