Mongolian BBQ

Options
Going out tonight. As a human garbage disposal I am not picky about what I eat but am being very very focused on calories at the moment. What kinds of combos do you guys have that are going to be healthiest? I am thinking I can almost be a pig and if I stay away from the meats I will be fine. Also looking for ideas with the sauces since my bet is this is where we get killed at those places.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Everything, in moderation.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    A single day wont be a hindrance. Just keep your mouth open and don't close it until the check is paid.
  • mlaccs
    mlaccs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Actually a single day in a year will not matter. A Single day in the next 8 would be a disaster. I need to lose significant weight for a weigh-in by next Sunday morning or it is a massive problem. After that I am back to some balance. So yes, a spread of 200-400 calories is meaningful. What I am looking for are ideas others on tight diets have done with the sauces.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    imo just go and enjoy it. watch out for 2 much oil or anything deep fried, bit as most of its stir fried its ok and you cna pick lean protein plus fresh veg so its a winner. 1 day isnt going to make much difference, if it worrues you that much then just skip breakfast or lunch and allocate calories for this.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    mlaccs wrote: »
    Actually a single day in a year will not matter. A Single day in the next 8 would be a disaster. I need to lose significant weight for a weigh-in by next Sunday morning or it is a massive problem. After that I am back to some balance. So yes, a spread of 200-400 calories is meaningful. What I am looking for are ideas others on tight diets have done with the sauces.

if its going to be such a huge issue this week, i would skip it. if you cant... stick to really lean meats and grilled or roasted veggies with no sauces. you also may be able to cut back tomorrow to help compensate for your dinner tonight.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Are you going to a place where you make your own and then they stir fry it for you? I love those places. I always do the teriyaki sauce. It's got lite soy, pineapple juice and sesame oil in it.
  • mlaccs
    Options
    Yes @North44 the challenge is the sauces. They have something like a dozen combos and I am certain that I could end up with a bad mixture that exceeded the calories of the meal itself. Off to Google to find a couple possible combos and will report back with what I find.
  • mlaccs
    Options
    That seemed to be a waste of time. Looks like the answer is to use some Vinegar, Lemon and Water. None of the sauces seem to be worth the trade and any recipe I saw looks to be in the hundreds of calories. I am looking foeard to the great stir fry and Pineapples for Desert. :smile: