Loosing weight slowly

Options
Has anyone got any little quirky ways of keeping themselves feeling positive whilst loosing weight slowly?

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Looking at the growing vascularity on my arms.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Pulling something out of the wardrobe that I love and is too small and finding IT FITS!!!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements :)

And also remember - a slow loss is still a loss. You're totally going in the right direction and one step closer to your goal.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    As someone who is trying to lose about 2-4 pounds in a month, I remind myself that loss is loss no matter how small. I take my measurements. I think about long term loss rather than short term loss only to regain again when things get hectic. I remember how awful I felt when losing weight quickly. I also remind myself that the slower I lose, the less saggy my skin seems to be after.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I look at where I started. I have lost at an average of .5 lbs/week to get to where I am now. I am only 20 pounds from goal, but it will likely take 10 more months to get there. However, I have already lost 99 pounds! It doesn't matter how slow - it ALL adds up!
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Keep a mental picture of you in mind at your new weight at this loss pace one year from now.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that while a pound a week feels slow, that's 52 pounds in a year, or a half pound per week is 26 pounds in a year.
  • CamillaEdwards
    CamillaEdwards Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love it guys! Anymore ways of 'visualizing' your progress?? x
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I take measurements and pictures for a weight loss album I keep on my PC. Notice little things like, I don't get tired as easily walking up stairs. My clothes are fitting better. I can feel muscle definition in my shoulders and my collar bones are showing. A few weeks ago I mounted my horse from the ground for the first time in a few years, and it was easy. I feel better. My acne is gone. So many little things that really are big things.

Last month I only lost 1.5 pounds. I am proud of that 1.5 pounds.
  • CamillaEdwards
    CamillaEdwards Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I take measurements and pictures for a weight loss album I keep on my PC. Notice little things like, I don't get tired as easily walking up stairs. My clothes are fitting better. I can feel muscle definition in my shoulders and my collar bones are showing. A few weeks ago I mounted my horse from the ground for the first time in a few years, and it was easy. I feel better. My acne is gone. So many little things that really are big things.

Last month I only lost 1.5 pounds. I am proud of that 1.5 pounds.

This was really inspiring to read. Thank you for sharing. You have an amazing attitude! :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My progress in fitness & strength is as or more exciting than the scales.

SW 301
    CW 196
    GW 150
    15 months to date