The difference between two summers

Options
jenmd26
jenmd26 Posts: 15 Member
uy78vfewyibo.jpg
The left is summer 2013, five months after having my third baby. I was about 175-180lbs. I'm 5'4". The picture on the right was taken this summer, a few weeks ago. I'm hanging out around 140 lbs at the moment. I'm still a work in progress, and about 25 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm happy with my progress so far.

Replies

• LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look Awesome!
  • jenmd26
    Options
    @LisaAnn642015 Thank you!
  • LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :) welcome!
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! That teal color looks really pretty on you :)
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow good job!!! you look wonderful!
  • AndyP2018
    AndyP2018 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good work
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look great :)
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jenmd26
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm also working on baby weight after my 4th baby in 5.5 years. You are an inspiration to me.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job..what was your routine and diet plan?
  • jenmd26
    Options
    mrsghosh wrote: »
    Great job..what was your routine and diet plan?

Oh boy, this is really going to be a jumbled mess. I can't even type out an exact plan, because I didn't stick with just one thing. It was a very up and down journey. I started out with doing C25K a few months after my last baby (I have three kids), and ran in the Color Run. When I got bored with running I'd do a workout at home, like Pilates or 30DS. 30DS was really hard on my knees (I've got a lot of metal in there), so I would take breaks and do body weight exercises. I've used MFP on and off over the years to track calories, and that was a huge eye opener in getting my portions back under control. I've found that for me, calories in/calories out is the absolute best approach to losing and keeping off the weight. I learned my lesson when it comes to sugar detoxes and being too restrictive with my food. It makes me miserable and sets me up to binge.

I've also tried T25, PiYo, and a few other beach body programs, but honestly the only one that didn't tear up my knees was PiYo. That's the only BB program I've come close to completing in the last two years. I refuse to waste my money on shakeology or other meal replacement type shakes. They are hard on my stomach, taste gross, and aren't as satisfying as just eating real food. I joined our local YMCA and would basically go and just do cardio. It was more a break from parenting than focusing on changing my body or bettering my health at that point. Sanity saver.

At the beginning of this summer I cancelled our Y membership and bought a treadmill off of craigslist. It's been the best $100 I've spent. I use my Fitbit to track my steps, my polar ft4 to track exercise calories, and walk/jog/run 4-6 days a week. It's my "me" time. I have a small set up of Dumbbells and bands, and use fitness blender to find workouts to do at home. It's just been a very flawed, slow transformation. I'm human, and fall off the healthy wagon, but I get back on. I know it's not a huge inspirational loss story, but it's mine and I plan to keep going.
  • jenmd26
    Options
    Moral of the story; just keep going. No matter how long you've taken a break or have felt like you've failed. Life happens and we don't always take care of ourselves like we should, even if it's important that we do. So, just keep going, try again. You are worth it. Your health is worth it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    jenmd26 wrote: »
    I've used MFP on and off over the years to track calories, and that was a huge eye opener in getting my portions back under control. I've found that for me, calories in/calories out is the absolute best approach to losing and keeping off the weight.

I learned my lesson when it comes to detoxes and being too restrictive with my food. It makes me miserable and sets me up to binge. I refuse to waste my money on meal replacement type shakes. They are hard on my stomach, taste gross, and aren't as satisfying as just eating real food.

It's just been a very flawed, slow transformation. I'm human, and fall off the healthy wagon, but I get back on. I know it's not a huge inspirational loss story, but it's mine and I plan to keep going.

I couldn't disagree more with the bolded part. To me, your story is a million times more inspirational than someone who loses a large amount of weight in a drastic, unhealthy way. You've made healthy, sustainable lifestyle changes—and you're an amazing role model for your kids.
  • jenmd26
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more with the bolded part. To me, your story is a million times more inspirational than someone who loses a large amount of weight in a drastic, unhealthy way. You've made healthy, sustainable lifestyle changes—and you're an amazing role model for your kids.

Thank you for saying that.
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! Great work - you look fabulous!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning!
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!