Les Mills

Options
Anyone enjoy the Les Mills programs? I love body attack even though now I had to cut down as my knees were giving in due to the high intensity nature of the workout.
I always love a good CX work too :)
I do those classes on my non lifting days

Replies

• sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started taking the Les Mills classes about a week ago. I'm hooked and have gone every day. My favorites are Pump and Combat! I tried Attack for the first time yesterday and it was very intense. The instructor actually complimented me on making it through the whole class because she said most people don't their first time. I've noticed that some classes are more intense than others, based on the instructor...but so far, so good! I haven't been doing them long enough to report any results, but I can't imagine them not being effective.
  • linaj1988
    linaj1988 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well done for staying the class! I've seen several times where people walk out before the first cardio peak! Definately will see results :) I've only tried combat once, wasn't too bad.. Pump is great too!
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Body Combat for almost 10 years now & am still loving it!!! Good instructors are important, but, unfortunately, they are not available in every gym... (have experienced about 8, 9 instructors but only half of them are really good).

I've also tried Body Balance (or BodyFlow in US?!), Jam, & Attack. I'd say Body Jam is ok but I preferred Combat for total body training (instead of just legs). Not a fan of Attack (could be because my heart is totally with the concept of Combat for so long...)

Just hope that next time I can move to a city with affordable gyms that offer Body Combat... Doing it online (Les Mills OnDemand) now but still like the vibe in group classes better!
  • linaj1988
    Options
    I never knew you can do it online ! Do you need to subscribe ?
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started the classes recently. I love CXWORX and Bodypump! In fact I'm still sore after my first Bodypump class. It's the first class that I've truly felt my entire body got a workout. We even focused on stretching afterwards which I haven't had in every class.
    Bodystep was a great workout but I'm not the most coordinated and I'm sure I provided lots of entertainment for the onlookers as I tried to keep up!
  • linaj1988
    Options
  • niniundlapin
    Options
    linaj1988 wrote: »

Yes now you can, but a shorter 30 min version. Go to les mills website & they give you a 10-day (I remember it's 10 days) trial period and you pay $12/month after that.
    To be honest I still prefer the full version of Body Combat, but this is still a good investment for me since no gym near me offers this class. (I'm doing p90x3 with one or two 30-min BC per week now).
  • niniundlapin
    Options
    slowrollem wrote: »
    I started the classes recently. I love CXWORX and Bodypump! In fact I'm still sore after my first Bodypump class. It's the first class that I've truly felt my entire body got a workout. We even focused on stretching afterwards which I haven't had in every class.
    Bodystep was a great workout but I'm not the most coordinated and I'm sure I provided lots of entertainment for the onlookers as I tried to keep up!

Totally forgot that I tried CXW and Body Step! Both are good cardio but I doubt if those are good for my knees... I guess that's why I sticked with Combat for so long- intense enough but not too much :blush: