Concerned over current routine

Options
Hi, I am 5 foot 5 and used to weigh 138lb about a year and a half ago and now I weigh roughly 119-120lb. Over the last half year I have become obsessed basically with my eating mostly and working out. I use this app religiously and most days end up with 700 to 900 calories total per day. I am fixated on macros and feel bad when I eat more than 60 grams of carbs on some days and I just eat mostly all protein and little fat too. My diet consists of protein pancakes made of trader joes soy protein powder, egg whites and pb2. I eat those for 2 meals a day with sugar free syrup. I otherwise eat chicken breasts, spinach with egg whites, tuna, and celery and carrots. Once a week since my diet strict I tend to binge eat or just overeat to about 1500 to 2000 cslories and then I feel very bad. I am concerned that my protein pancake obsession isn't very good either cause I eat like approximately 4 to 5 scoops of the protein powder a day then and it brings my sodium close to 2300mg a day. I am just so focused on being slimmer and obsessed with losing my baby fat baby cheeks I have on my face. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    700 to 900 calories per day is not healthy at all. I actually have alarm bells ringing just reading the first 3 sentences of your post, to be honest. Not good.

Carbs are not evil. You have been misled by the fake pseudo-science... eliminating food groups is not needed unless it is for a medical reason (i.e. reducing carbs for PCOS, refractory epilepsy etc).

You are binge eating. You're eating little calories, then eating a bunch, and then feeling bad about it.

SEEK PSYCHIATRIC HELP
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It shows insight that you're concerned about your current routine and you should be concerned. You are under eating then binging which is a form of disordered eating.It also sounds like you're developing rigid rules around food and you said a few times that you feel 'obsessed'.

Please seek help. You can start with your GP or Google support for eating disorders in your state/county (sorry I'm on my phone and can't see your profile).
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Sounds like things are sliding out of control. Be good to yourself - talk to someone (a professional) who can help.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Find and engage a mental health professional immediately.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    Hi, I am 5 foot 5 and used to weigh 138lb about a year and a half ago and now I weigh roughly 119-120lb. Over the last half year I have become obsessed basically with my eating mostly and working out. I use this app religiously and most days end up with 700 to 900 calories total per day. I am fixated on macros and feel bad when I eat more than 60 grams of carbs on some days and I just eat mostly all protein and little fat too. My diet consists of protein pancakes made of trader joes soy protein powder, egg whites and pb2. I eat those for 2 meals a day with sugar free syrup. I otherwise eat chicken breasts, spinach with egg whites, tuna, and celery and carrots. Once a week since my diet strict I tend to binge eat or just overeat to about 1500 to 2000 cslories and then I feel very bad. I am concerned that my protein pancake obsession isn't very good either cause I eat like approximately 4 to 5 scoops of the protein powder a day then and it brings my sodium close to 2300mg a day. I am just so focused on being slimmer and obsessed with losing my baby fat baby cheeks I have on my face. What are your thoughts?

See bolded

So when you know this...why post on a forum instead of going to a professional?
    seek support/help
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you for voicing your concern. It takes uncommon courage to face this.

Next step, show this to your doctor and get a referral for expert support.

Here's to loving food again, real soon.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »

With good intentions, here are some links for you:

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
    https://reddit.com/r/EatingDisorders
    https://reddit.com/r/EDrecovery/

Also, please get the help you need. Your behaviors around food and body image are not healthy at all.