Loving this so far

Options
I'm a bit excited. I started my journey with myfitnesspal 5 days ago and have lost 1.8kgs. So very proud of myself. It's taken a lot of motivation to get me started but I can honestly say that finding this app has been just what I needed. So easy to use and the weight is dropping. Can't wait to see what the new Mel is going to look like in a few months. Hopefully I can start to love what's on the outside just as much as what I am on the inside.
Good luck to everyone with their goals whatever they may be

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! :)
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great work! I honestly do not know what I would do without MFP.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome start, great job!
  • katie120406
    katie120406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it too! Great work so far!!☺
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your excellent progress so far, and welcome to the site.
  • MelissaHurstfield
    Options
    Thank you. Bit unsure about yesterday though with doing so much exercise and staying way under my calorie count but I put on .6 maybe it will show in the next couple of days. Not sure how it all works. Going to be highs and lows in sure but I guess the key is to stay positive.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Melissa - a big chunk of your 1.8kg in 5 days has to be water weight ... so, don't get discouraged about a 0.6kg gain.

I'd say either weigh less frequently, or weigh more frequently and chart. If you want to focus on calorie counting, and not frequent weigh ins, maybe do it once a week or every 2 weeks. You're more likely (though not for sure) to see progress that way.

Look at my chart for the last 4 weeks:

r4ykh7iag815.png

Not a pretty sight, right? Lots of flat spots. Lots of up and down especially at the start. This is daily weigh in data for the most part (I was out for a week in the middle of this chart - Aug 23-Aug 29 - on vacation.

Now, look at a trend chart (I use trendweight.com totally free and very low hassle with a withings or fitbit scale which automatically uploads the weigh in data - keeps me honest, too):

1s5xdqewwraj.png

Totally different picture! Looks like steady, straight line progress the entire time! Very encouraging, very motivating. Totally different - even though the diamonds on the chart are the exact weights that make the first chart!

At the bottom of trendweight.com it gives me this great summary info, too.

So again, I recommend either weigh in way less often, so that you can see progress most times, or way in every day and chart the trend, so that you can get instant feedback. But whatever you do, don't weigh in more than once a week and expect to see the weight go down each time.

Osric