Starting a fresh need some friends for motivation fun and support

Options
so far my biggest weight loss is 96 pounds through slimming world and weight watchers I have keat most of the weight off for about 5 years but have just put 14 pounds on and am determind to get it back off, I struggle with maintaining and would like some support from you guys please x

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    Congratulations on a fantastic loss! MFP will certainly help you stick to a healthy lifestyle. Don't beat yourself up over the 14 pound gain - these things happen and can certainly be reversed. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • CHELLY32
    CHELLY32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    Congratulations on a fantastic loss! MFP will certainly help you stick to a healthy lifestyle. Don't beat yourself up over the 14 pound gain - these things happen and can certainly be reversed. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thank you x
  • NicholaMckinley
    Options
    Hi Chellley I'm Nikki. I know what you mean it's just crept on with me and I've tried every diet. I'll support you if you support me lol lord knows I'm struggling now I'm back at work!
  • caspeel2344
    caspeel2344 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm just starting out my healthy lifestyle/exercise regime (i've been eating healthy for a while already!). i am looking to gain 2kg (4-5 pounds). any help/tips/ideas would be much appreciated -i'm thinking of increasing the exercise i do in general with a greater focus on weight training, whilst increasing my overall calorie intake & increasing my protein too. the idea is to gain the weight (ideally lean muscle rather than fat) without compromising the healthy diet!
  • CHELLY32
    CHELLY32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Chellley I'm Nikki. I know what you mean it's just crept on with me and I've tried every diet. I'll support you if you support me lol lord knows I'm struggling now I'm back at work!

Of course we we'll have to support each other my gain has come from kids been ing off school for 7weeks I just lost all control and routine, we can do this come on
  • caspeel2344
    caspeel2344 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi Chelly32,

i think you've done remarkably well with your weight loss, huge congrats! i think you'll find those 14lbs will drop off quite quickly especially with support from us! i was wondering if you've ever had your thyroid function checked? the thyroid gland is v.important for many reasons, amongst which is the fact that it's in charge of regulating your metabolism. if it's underactive (hypothyroidism) your metabolism will be slow & you'll probably be tired all the time & have a tendency to gain weight easily -it is a v.common condition, especially for women & can be easily remedied by increasing the iodine intake in your diet, a micromineral that's essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid -iodine deficiency is v.common nowadays too! you can get iodine from fish, seafood & seaweed, or from iodized salt which you can find in most supermarkets. if the thyroid is overactive (hyperthyroidism) you'll likely have loads of energy & lose weight easily (struggling to maintain or gain weight). treatment for this condition usually involves lifelong medication &/or radiation therapy or having part of your thyroid gland surgically removed -each of these has elements of risk & possible side effects. Best of luck!