Red Robin can be possible....

Options
Today I learned something really important. It was a go to Red Robin for my husband's free birthday burger. I began looking to see what burgers contained for my food diary. I discovered that all burgers come in a petite size. About 1/2 the calories, etc. and plenty filling. I know that today is an over over over day but have learned a really good bit of information.

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me, my local store location is about 1 hour away.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    One can make anything fit, it's all about moderation.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I see more and more places with half-size portions available. I can't even eat all those sometimes. For us "oldsters" the senior menu is also a great resource.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can also order them without the bun, which also removes things like mayo. Even more calories saved!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Anything can fit, if you're brave enough.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    There's also a grilled chicken sandwich on their menu. Sub broccoli for the fries and it's a great low calorie meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    artiesakai wrote: »
    Today I learned something really important. It was a go to Red Robin for my husband's free birthday burger. I began looking to see what burgers contained for my food diary. I discovered that all burgers come in a petite size. About 1/2 the calories, etc. and plenty filling. I know that today is an over over over day but have learned a really good bit of information.

I had no idea. I don't see it on the site and never heard of it! Was it advertised anywhere?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Cool - I usually get the single breast chicken ensenada platter when I'm watching calories there. I'll have to look for the petite size burger next time.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The menu tells you some low calorie substitutions you can make. The tavern burgers, between smaller patty and different bun, are lower calorie. I love the chicken breast patty. Soooooo yummy!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Never been there before, but good to know in case my husband wants to go there on a whim.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Just avoid the onion rings ;-)

You can easily sub out the mayo for mustard and the bun for lettuce wrap and you are halfway there.

I personally keep the fries when I go to RR; but, if you're short of caloric room, you can sub them out for house salad with dressing on the side.

BAM.

You could even fit one of those modified burgers (with salad) in a 1200 Cal day as all you're really left to deal with is a 4oz or 6oz hamburger patty (3 to 500s) and one or two slices of cheese (1 to 200).
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Anything can fit, if you're brave enough.

I like you.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Petite burgers are a good option for calories, but not for the wallet. You get 1/2 the burger and you only save $1 on the price of the regular size. We buy the reg burger and just eat half. Then we have 1/2 to enjoy for another meal.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Good job with the pre-planning for your Red Robin trip! :)