Struggle

Options
Hi I am struggling and feel like giving up!!!!

Replies

• luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You'll never get to your goal by giving up. Weight loss is hard for all of us, but success is possible with making right choices as we go through our day. This phrase has helped me, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!". Stick with it, you'll be glad!

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up .....this is coming from someone who did give up after losing 78lbs back in 09/2010 only to gain it back and then some ......take one day at a time ....I am not sure if you are struggling with food or exercise ..but please know you are worth it and you will get to your goals and you will be happy :) Hang in there ...need support feel free to add me
  • soozie900
    soozie900 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I will keep on at it. Ugh
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What's wrong?
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's hard. It's more emotionally challenging than physically (usually). It seems like it will never end, never happen. I get it. You never stop. You may pause, but never stop searching, trying, pushing.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    spacelump wrote: »
    It's hard. It's more emotionally challenging than physically (usually). It seems like it will never end, never happen. I get it. You never stop. You may pause, but never stop searching, trying, pushing.

So true. I consider myself a food-aholic. Recovering, never cured. I love to cook. I love to eat. At almost 60y old, I finally know what I need to succeed. I pray I have the determination to get the weight off and, more importantly, keep it off. I honestly don't know anyone who is truly immune to weight gain as they mature..... At least in my circle of family and friends.....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    soozie900 wrote: »
    Hi I am struggling and feel like giving up!!!!
    For now, set your goal to 1/2 pound a week so that you can eat more and still lose weight.
    Focus on logging everything. Some days people go over their calories. What counts is that they logged everything and started again the next day. There is always the next day.

• soozie900
    soozie900 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All of you are saying what is true. Seems like always watching what I eat. Start exercising and something gets in the way. Mentally it takes its toll- never ending. I always begin the next day- starts to become expected, but day to day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to 'give up' - what do you get out if it though? The 'freedom' to over-eat and not a lot else.

You know you are perfectly able to 'treat' yourself every now and again with something you wouldn't necessarily eat on a daily basis (for me, it's chips!). If you can fit into your calorie goal, then fantastic. If not? Don't make a habit of it but enjoy it every once in a while. You're a human being. As soon as you start treating yourself as such, you can do this and you won't feel like giving up.

It doesn't have to be such a struggle - it really doesn't. You DO have to be strong, of course but you need to ask yourself how important your goal is to you. Best of luck and hope you stick around :)
  • julestar777
    julestar777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. I am on and off and on and off again. Each time i go off I eat more and more. I am trying to find that thing to keep me going. Try to stay positive, there is some great advice on here!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just prelog your food and take it one day at a time. You probably need to rethink your mindset so you commit properly and understand what it is you are commiting to. Take soem time to do that as it need to eb strong enough to carry you though. Preparation, planning and acquiring knowledge are good ways to make yourself more effective and the whole thing easier.

You dont really give any information out other than that you are struggling.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Flow is the counterpoint to struggle. I know this doesn't sound helpful, but think about it.