multivitamin?

Options
Do you take a multivitamin while you are reducing calories? I take vitamin C and D in winter (live in Canada!), but I am considering starting a more comprehensive one. I googled this, but get lots of different opinions.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Doesn't hurt. I take one. Make sure you get one with more IRON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Doesn't hurt. I take one. Make sure you get one with more IRON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

+1

It can't hurt to take one.

Some people will say "you won't need one if you are eating a varied diet". But it can't hurt.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I take multi for women, D, B12, omega 3 and they are all GUMMI!!! yes they have calories, no I don't log them, I know I should but until I stop losing and have to get down to the nitty gritty I won't. But if you take regular ones I don't think they have hardly any calories. and a gel Biotin for hair nails and skin.
  • midlifesally
    midlifesally Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am going to start. I am already one a pretty high dose of synthroid, so I'll just make it part of my routine in the morning.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had to start on the D and B12 because of blood work that came back 2 years ago that had low levels so now you've got me thinking I may need to find out if I need to continue with all the "extras"
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I never take one. Eating a well balanced diet is the best way to get all the minerals and vitamins you will need. Multiple studies have shown that the human body has a much easier time metabolizing the vitamins from the foods you eat, than the synthetic ones that come in a pill.
    However, taking a multivitamin certainly will not hurt you in anyway, except for the added cost.