Friends

Options
Im on a mission to lose fat and gain muscle. I started out at 250lbs trying to get around 200lbs. Looking for motivation and helpful tips on anything to help build muscle and lose fat..

Replies

• VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello, jlawson—

We have similar missions, I see. I began somewhere north of 260 lbs., am now a lean 185-190, and working on strength.

The weight loss part was… well, "easy" would not be the right word, but the way I approached it, there was no resistance. The lard came right off. Body weight plotted a straight line to goal, January to June. If I had it to do over again (perish the thought!), there isn't much I'd do differently.

We can certainly buddy up if you like. While I'm not an authority, I can certainly tell you what worked for me, and I would be delighted to do so.

Your move.
  • Shaun1564
    Shaun1564 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20, 168lbs - if you have any advice that you can give me I'd love that and would appreciate any! Trying to lose weight at the moment, muscle building will come after I reach my goal :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi there ....Welcome to MFP .....You are more than welcome to add me ....I love to be a cheerleader to anyone on this journey .....Wishing you much success :)