70# to loose but lacking exercise motivation

Options
I have the food down. Sometimes I slip up. I take a lot of medicine that packs on pounds. I cook 90% of our meals. If we go out to a restaurant or BBQ, i make better choices.

However, I am lacking exercise motivation. Side effects of my medicine (besides weight gain) include fatigue. I don't have an option for an actual gym, since they're out of price range/lack of sitter for my kids.

Any advice? Also welcoming accountability buddies!

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Losing weight isn't about exercise. I lost my first 25 lbs without doing any at all. Then I was less fatigued and started walking. I added more as I was able to do more.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you would like to start exercising go to the health and fitness category on pinterest there are lots of home workout ideas you can try..try different ones till you find something you love to do .as long as your eating at a def. The weight will come off ..exercise is for fitness..you are more than welcome to add me if youd like...good luck you can do this!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you lose weight in the kitchen and gain fitness in the gym.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You can lose it just by creating a food deficit alone and its the most importnat thing to get under control at first. You have that under control so well done youve tackled the most importnat aspect.

Does your medication make you gain weight? I think the biew is that it doesnt make you gain weight but it can increase appetite, which is different.

Exercise in its simplest form involves you moving more. It cna be cardio, which is for your hear and lungs or resustance which is for stremngth. They both offer advantages for your health and to a lesser extent weight loss.

How to get motivation?
    1. Understand why it benefits you. Cardio will help burn limited calories, which cna help you eat more, but it can also make you feel more energised and improve your overall feeling of well being.
    2. Resistance will help you becoem stronger, retain lean body mass and maximise the amount of fat you lose.
    You will feel the benefits of doing both.

As you are fatigued, then start off simply and with whatever you cna manage. You arent racing anyone just trying to improve your own situation. A ten minute walk is a start, maybe make it pirposeful so wa walk to the shops and in everyday life makes it easier to fit in. Other good starter exercises are cycling(if you have a bike) or swimming (if you have access to a pool).

There are also plenty of free workouts on youtube where you cna start at any level and build up gradually. You will find over time you get fitter and can manage more. You dont need a gym and can do it at home.

Juts commit to trying to do soemthing consistently for a few weeks and you will gain confidence as you start to feel fitter. Start at whatever level you are and then increase things slowly. You cna go a long way with just walking.

Fitness blender low impact cardio workout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6Uai5sQVw

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/physical-activity-guidelines-for-adults.aspx
  • drainthenight
    drainthenight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Such great advice!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Maybe try walking with kids. I did that and still do it also helped my mood and irritation levels. I do dvds at home and eeally I do it with my son crawling all on me wanting hugs and all. But mystamina increased as my fitness level increased.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Go for walks in the morning and evening, do simple exercise at home. The most important thing is controlled diet for losing weight and stay fit.