Weight loss programs anyone?

Options
moremari
moremari Posts: 119 Member
I'm wondering if some of you use a delivery or specific food plan, for example, weight watchers, nutrisystem, or meal delivery. There are a number of reasons I get behind on meal planning so I've been considering different meal options. I'm not thinking long term, but planning meals that taste good has been trial and error plus the time demands for purchasing and making everything from home. Anyone else thinking about or use this kind of meal planning?

Replies

• daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I do Dream Dinners - it's not quite a meal delivery system. You go to the location (if there is one near you) and put your meals together (you choose from a list of meals). They have all the ingredients there and it usually takes me around an hour to put together 36 servings. Then you go home and put them in the freezer. Most meals are less than 400 calories.

Then, you take it one out and defrost it the night before and then you cook it the following night (usually between 15 - 30 minutes to cook). This way, you get to eat real food (not processed) and you can adapt it and add what you like. It generally costs me between $4 to $4.50 a serving.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My general thought is that this site provides all of the weight loss program that you need to be successful and it's free. There's no need to spend a lot of money on a program that essentially does what this website does here. If you're pressed for time, you can find a lot of weight watchers meals and other low calorie frozen dinners in your supermarket that you can buy on the cheap.
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    HI!
    I really like Tosca Reno's Eating Clean principles. You shop and buy food in their natural state, therfore they are not processed, refined of fake. They don't contain additives, fillers or sweeteners. I really like her Eating Clean Books. Check her out online. She also has a column in Oxygen magazine. She has transformed her life from a depressed overweight frumpy housewife, to a winning bodybuilding champ! I adore her books and her recipes. Hope this helps!!! I feel for you- been there too, and still recovering! Take Care!:flowerforyou:
  • XtinaRocks
    XtinaRocks Posts: 24
    Options
    I think that its good to see how other programs work. I use MFP to caculate calories, fat gram, sodium, etc. I actually am using Weight Watchers on the side to see how things add up and compare.
  • begonia813
    begonia813 Posts: 12
    Options
    I used Nutrisystem before. It's not bad, but it wasn't for me. Some of the meals were very good, but some of the stuff smelled bad (which obviously makes it unappetizing). They also want you to supplement your owns sides and veg, etc., which to me defeats the purpose. And although the meals were very small and very low in calories, I prefer to eat sliiightly more calories and more satisfying in order to subdue cravings. With Nutrisystem, I would still be craving stuff, more than a "normal" diet. I've had friends who have done other "meal plans", and it definitely seems to me that Nutrisystem is still the best, however.
    What I do now (which is what someone was mentioning above), is have fruit for breakfast, then a Lean Cuisine (or other generic brand names) or a Lean Pocket (I supplement the Lean Pocket with some fruit or carrots or even a few tortilla chips since they're not as filling), then I cook dinner. If it's a busy week, I'll pre-cook meals in the beginning of the week, so I can just reheat them at night. Roast chicken is a great example of something to have on hand. I think what's really helping me this time around is allowing myself to have the things that I crave, just in verrry small portions, and one "special" meal a week - like eating out, or pizza, or something.
    Obviously, like everyone says, however, you have to find what's right for you!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your great input! From the sound of it you guys all found good meals and plan that work for you- I'm hopeful.