What is your exercise music guilty pleasure? :)

Options
We all have those one or two songs that we would be totally embarrassed if people knew what we were listening to while we work out... don't even lie...

Me personally, I love the Monstar's theme song "Hit em High" by Busta Rhymes from Space Jam... it's totally lame but it seriously pumps me up for whatever reason...

so what's yours? :):)

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    OKay...I may just have to kill myself once I write this down.

Stuff from the GLEE soundtracks. Oh, I could listen to the original versions and it wouldn't be so bad, but nope, it has to be the Glee stuff.

Where's my rope?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Cinderella--"Shake Me"

yeah...I'm an old metalhead and love all the old 80s "hair metal" bands...but I'm even a bit embarassed to say I run to that particular song :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Oh God, ok, well, I am a rock girl. I like the heavy stuff and I like the alternative stuff and I LOVE 90s grunge. I even enjoy a bit of Bob Seger, Beatles, Supertramp, etc.. When I work out though (kill me now!) I listen to...........yeah, Lady Gaga. No, I don't want to talk about it and it isn't ok. I've tried all kinds of 12-step programs and just cold turkey and nothing works. :ohwell:
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I listen to anything that has a beat I can run to but I think I'd be embarrassed if anybody heard the Abba blasting out...!

Mind you, I (largely subconsciously) mouth along to the songs I'm listening to so if anybody was paying close enough attention they'd realise what I was doing (Mamma Mia...here we go again...my, my....).... :laugh:
  • Little_Lisa_Ann
    Options
    I'm a rock girl myself (Metallica in particular), and I have a few songs with good beats that I can run to, but for some reason I find that Ke$ha songs have like the perfect beat for me. I wouldn't normally listen to that otherwise.. Oh, how embarrassing :embarassed:
  • michelle2566
    Options
    Spice Girls!!!!!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL! I confess... I'm a 46 year old mom that listens to Scooter (Ramp! the Logical Song, Move Your *kitten* and Nessaja). For those unknowing souls (like myself before I started running - Scooter is a Rave band!)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Oh God, ok, well, I am a rock girl. I like the heavy stuff and I like the alternative stuff and I LOVE 90s grunge. I even enjoy a bit of Bob Seger, Beatles, Supertramp, etc.. When I work out though (kill me now!) I listen to...........yeah, Lady Gaga. No, I don't want to talk about it and it isn't ok. I've tried all kinds of 12-step programs and just cold turkey and nothing works. :ohwell:

Lady Gaga is also on my running list. No reason to be shy... we all have issues. :laugh:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Hahaha, this totally made me laugh!! My guilty pleasure -- uggh and I seriously HATE to admit this: The *****cat Dolls, When I Grow Up.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    The sound of my heart beat. ;)
  • Lollie776
    Lollie776 Posts: 8
    Options
    Great topic! I think it's funny that it seems the music that motivates us seems to be totally opposite from our "public" personas. I'm very well mannered and a bit reserved in my demeanor most generally but when I'm working out I like to blare Pantera, Marylin Manson or Godsmack, something about angry rock makes me push a little harder. BUT my guilty pleasure, the one I would die if the person next to me heard me blarring, would most definitely have to be The Monkees. I hear them I just switch to happy mode and kill it, when it's over then that's when I feel the pain.......
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    oh gash ok so when doing cardio im a total rnb and hip hop girl but when im doing weights i looooove nickelback gotta be somebody hahahaha no one knows i listen to this after i downloaded it to my ipod i deleted it off my itunes list so i don't have to explain myself lol
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I'm a metalhead, so for me to listen to Busta Rhymes from Space Jam....i definitely understand everyones embarrassment lol... especially the Lady Gaga listeners lol
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a grunge/ metalhead but I LOVE 90's hard house and Trance music for working out:sad:
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The Lonely Island - have to take the sound down when in public haha think I would get a few funny looks if people heard the likes of I Just Had Sex and Motherlover blasting out my headphones :embarassed:
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    I'm also partial to a bit of The Darkness when working out

" Get your hands off of my woman MotherFudger" :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a punk and metal girl, but I have a secret side in my mp3 player.

MmmBop. The Humpty Dance. Bust a Move. Funky Cold Medina. Naughty Girls (Need Love Too). Boogie Nights. Dancing Queen. PYT (Pretty Young Thing). Hot Stuff.

:blushing:
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    I'm mostly a punk and metal girl, but I have a secret side in my mp3 player.

MmmBop. The Humpty Dance. Bust a Move. Funky Cold Medina. Naughty Girls (Need Love Too). Boogie Nights. Dancing Queen. PYT (Pretty Young Thing). Hot Stuff.

:blushing:

On my first date with my Husband we went on a pub crawl and ended up in a Karaoke bar and he sang Funky Cold Medina. That was the moment I knew i would marry him :laugh:
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have 100 Running Songs - sooooo cheesy but great. Also love Earth Wind and Fire, Michael Jackson, Pink - a huge variety!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Actually, me too--and for me it's worse (although only 2 or 3 songs out of my 160-song workout playlist).

And I have 2 celine dions. And a scissor sisters.

But, hey, if it's got a beat, that's all it takes.