Any Brits here?

Options
I know you're out there somewhere! What are your stories? I was overweight from my mid teens, recently graduated with a degree in food design & nutrition (should've had no excuse to be overweight!) but it wasn't until Xmas 14 that I saw a photograph of myself and decided something had to be done!

Hoping for some motivation to get the final lbs off

Replies

• LGCrispyBacon
    LGCrispyBacon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here ... Just sent a request ;)
  • rebeccamccusker
    rebeccamccusker Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Here ... Just sent a request ;)
    10lbs down, 10lbs to go here - what are your goals?
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from Newcastle. I've been on here for just over 160 days. Turned 30 back in March and had an epiphany (well someone at work said I had one) and decided enough was enough. I was 217lbs at my heaviest a few years, and started at 207lbs back in March. I'm now down to 178lbs. Dropped from a 36" waist to 32". Still got a bit to go, but I'm feeling so much happier with myself.
  • porky2468
    porky2468 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from South London. I play roller derby and need to get fitter to be the best player I can be! I've recently put on about a stone (how did that happen?!) so am trying to lose the flab and gain some muscle!
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm uk add me if you like :)
  • acaeb3412
    acaeb3412 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm from Stockton :) Anyone's welcome to add me
  • Batmouse14
    Batmouse14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am UK. From Sunny Sunderland. (well it was today). Lost 3 stone when I was 39 as didn't want to be fat n 40. Did great until I ran the London Marathon in 2013. Injured my knee. Didnt run for almost two years as knee injury kept coming back to haunt me, new job, then Seperated, had to sell the house, buy a house which needed loads doing the list goes on. Anyway. 2 and a half stone crept silently back on. Nothing fits. I have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes. So as 47 this year started to run (slowly) again and want to get into my lovely dress at Christmas. So Hi everyone.
  • 123juliaj123
    123juliaj123 Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi Im Julia from S Yorks uk and I would welcome anyone adding me, happy to help with motivation, Im a friendly sort. I was three stone heavier 9 months ago and its getting harder now
  • Shaun1564
    Shaun1564 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey(: I'm 20 from Oxfordshire. If any other Brits wish to add me then go right ahead! Started planning my diet properly today so a noob at this :) !
  • Kazzykinsj67
    Kazzykinsj67 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Manchester. ..join the party...feel free to add
  • rebeccamccusker
    Options
    owensy12 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm from Newcastle. I've been on here for just over 160 days. Turned 30 back in March and had an epiphany (well someone at work said I had one) and decided enough was enough. I was 217lbs at my heaviest a few years, and started at 207lbs back in March. I'm now down to 178lbs. Dropped from a 36" waist to 32". Still got a bit to go, but I'm feeling so much happier with myself.
    That's awesome progress, keep it up!
  • rebeccamccusker
    Options
    porky2468 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm from South London. I play roller derby and need to get fitter to be the best player I can be! I've recently put on about a stone (how did that happen?!) so am trying to lose the flab and gain some muscle!
    Ugh I know, it happens so quickly! Though I think my problem was working in a bakery
  • rebeccamccusker
    Options
    Batmouse14 wrote: »
    I am UK. From Sunny Sunderland. (well it was today). Lost 3 stone when I was 39 as didn't want to be fat n 40. Did great until I ran the London Marathon in 2013. Injured my knee. Didnt run for almost two years as knee injury kept coming back to haunt me, new job, then Seperated, had to sell the house, buy a house which needed loads doing the list goes on. Anyway. 2 and a half stone crept silently back on. Nothing fits. I have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes. So as 47 this year started to run (slowly) again and want to get into my lovely dress at Christmas. So Hi everyone.
    Amazing you ran the London marathon! Look after your knee and keep safe running!
  • rebeccamccusker
    rebeccamccusker Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi Im Julia from S Yorks uk and I would welcome anyone adding me, happy to help with motivation, Im a friendly sort. I was three stone heavier 9 months ago and its getting harder now
    I'm struggling a little now too, my sweet tooth is getting the better of me. 3 stone is an amazing effort though!!
  • splimmy
    splimmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes from Kent, I have lost 24lbs 33lbs to go. I have been big from a young age (size 16 clothes at 11) never been below that size I get married in 4 ish weeks and refuse to look like a blomange! I work with food all day so don't really eat regular meals