A nice long dog walk..

I've got two small dogs, a yorkshire terrier and mini dachshund (sausage dog).

I suffer from stress and depression, I walk my dogs a few times a day but for some reason tonight I took them on a nice long walk and it made me feel loads better.

I really took in the fresh air and it cleared my head, I finally feel like this is my escape now and also a way to help me lose weight. I've come home feeling so much better and happier.

I've started doing MFP again now for a fresh start, if anyone wants to be friends your welcome to add me for some moral support

Replies

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    I'm with you on the dog walking. My favourite part of my day is when it's just me and Sookie in the forest and meadow. My bestest pal in the whole world.
  • MaggotPig
    MaggotPig Posts: 89 Member
    My little mutt is my lifeline and he's seen me through some very tough times. Walking him is the highlight of my day, although unfortunately he's getting on a bit now and has a few medical issues so long walks are rare.
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Dogs are the best things in the world! There are days when I feel blue, but as soon as I get outside with my dog and see how joyous she is just to run and be alive, it always puts me in a good mood.
  • MaggotPig
    MaggotPig Posts: 89 Member
    This was my walk today :)

7mtl3n6jdhfc.jpg
  • Petrolhead75
    Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
    My dog Henry has helped me get out and enjoy the countryside, walking is a great exercise too
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yes! Dog thread :smile:

oesjq6mmk44m.jpg

I got Alfie during a really hard time in my life. He's such a dork :smiley: It's great youre taking steps to improve your health with your doggies :) Seeing them happy outdoors is such a mood booster.
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    My dog Brooklyn also moved in with me at a very bad time in my life - she's a shelter rescue but she rescued me just as much. She gets me outside and moving even when I really don't wanna (Brooks MUST go have her walk no excuses), lifts my mood, and helps me look outside myself and enjoy being healthy and alive. Dogs are a miracle!

acaeb3412, it's so good to hear your dogs lifted your spirits. Sometimes that love and confidence and trust they give us makes all the difference.
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2015
    tgxnzc1wpj2u.jpg

My little fur baby Buddy, he loves running around and we love exploring together! I really struggle with exercise so having him really helps getting me motivated to move!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Yay... Dogs are the best. This is my lady. I love her with all my heart.
    isgvwff4pnfl.jpg
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    There was just a study released that walking in nature can improve your overall mental health. But I also figured that was a given. Haha.

Plus, obligatory dog picture! her look is "why aren't we walking yet?"
    w5if94nz8wgo.jpg

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    edited September 2015
    au6s3qz1b56o.jpg

:) We just got back from our walk and this is the "I'm STARVING!" look. She's still too hot though, because it's awful outside. I CANNOT WAIT till Fall!

(ignore all the boxes in the background, that's all recycling on its way out the door, lol)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Just to add my .2 cents...

8l7s5qzjnblh.jpg
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    I walk my rat terrier every day in the morning for an hour. I am sort of OCD about logging the walk before eating so I can see my calories increase for the day. 9u3ac53tifxp.jpg
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    I don't have a dog right now but I love all these dog pics! Yes acaeb, walking makes me feel great too. I think walking outside is regenerating. Keep up the good work!
  • hayleycharper
    hayleycharper Posts: 51 Member
    I love taking my dog out for daily walkies to the woods or the beach. It's the perfect time to clear your head and the fact that it's burning calories is a super bonus :p Loving all of the dog pics btw x

842ks3pu4svl.jpg
  • I would like to suggest the app....called map my run. It tracks your walk and tells u how many calories burned when done. Its great motivation to see the calories being burned. I walk my 2 German Shepards also and its great relief for me as well.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    *just here for the pics*
    :smile:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Understandable! I just got an Australian Shepherd puppy and they say to give this kind of dog lots of exercise and the dog walks I take everyday are so relaxing to me!