Two most recent NSVs

Options
1. I was at a department store a couple of months ago and barely fit into a size 14 dress. It looked fine on me, but didn't pass the "sit down test." This is where you sit down in the dressing room to see if it's comfortable for secretarial work. I went back the other day to try this dress on, but they didn't have it in size 14... only size 10. I thought, "There's no way I'm going to get into this!" But guess what! I did!

2. I went to the doctor the other day, and just before the nurse walked out after completing weight, blood pressure, and medication lists, she said, "Wait a second.. it says here the last time you were in, you were 171 pounds, and now you're 149?!" Yes... yes, I am. :)

Replies

• kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1. At my yearly physical last week, nurse was taking vitals and while listening to my pulse asked "Are you a runner?"

Never really thought about it, but since I've been running 2-3 times a week for almost two years I said "I guess I am!"

She said, "It shows."

Then doctor came in and was listening to my heart and says "Wow! You must be a runner!"

Made my day.

2. Started lifting weights three weeks ago using Stronglifts 5x5 and eating in a surplus after losing 45 lbs and maintaining for a year. My work jeans are starting to feel tight in the seat and thighs but actually feel looser in the waist! Awesome.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Bravo to you!

1. I took up golf this summer. I golfed my best game this morning and beat my husband by 1 stroke. I had a 91 and he had a 92. Woot!! He is not happy. LOL
    2. My husband's family came for a visit yesterday. I have not seen them in years. Long story short....the may be signing up for this site in the real near future.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone:
    1. Rode my recumbent trike 50 miles over the past two days (today was 30 miles- new personal best).
    2. Yesterday I was a family reunion and was told that I look like a "teenager." I'm 48.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Recognition at the doctor's office: major win! Good job!
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    gdkerplunk wrote: »
    1. I was at a department store a couple of months ago and barely fit into a size 14 dress. It looked fine on me, but didn't pass the "sit down test." This is where you sit down in the dressing room to see if it's comfortable for secretarial work. I went back the other day to try this dress on, but they didn't have it in size 14... only size 10. I thought, "There's no way I'm going to get into this!" But guess what! I did!

2. I went to the doctor the other day, and just before the nurse walked out after completing weight, blood pressure, and medication lists, she said, "Wait a second.. it says here the last time you were in, you were 171 pounds, and now you're 149?!" Yes... yes, I am. :)

First of all: congrats!! Second, your first paragraph was my NSV yesterday! I was going to buy a size 12 really cute dress on clearance (I looove scoring great clothes on clearance), but on a whim, took the size 10 into the dressing room. I didn't expect to get it past my hips, but it did. And it was comfortable!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!