fast weight loss tips needed

Options
Hello Everyone, Any one has any suggestions that can help me cut calories without being hungry and stay motivated. I need to lose 60 pounds and fast!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I can help with two of the four.

I can't support fast weight loss. I am guessing you want to live a long and fruitful life? Then this won't be fast.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all your food yet?
  • santanaeveline
    santanaeveline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have been logging my food but I also make a lot of poor choices. I am an emotional eater and also eat when I'm bored.
  • ErinWard1986
    ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count calories, food scale, eat at a deficit...it takes time. You didn't put your weight on overnight, and it won't come off overnight either...trust me, I wish it did! Best advice...get serious, motivated, and log everything! The gym/excersize is great too. Good luck on your lifestyle change :)
  • santanaeveline
    Options
    Thank You!
  • kristinkaripi
    kristinkaripi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try optislim I'm on that at the moment and have lost 3 kilos in one week it's hard and you have to be extremely dedicated to the program for it to work
  • santanaeveline
    Options
    I'll try that. Thanks for the advice!
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting plenty of protein. Approx 1 gram of protein per 1 lb of body weight. There are varying opinions on it as some have a little less, while others have much more. But that along with plenty of healthy fats will help you feel full and sustain longer. I make sure I have some protein with all my meals/snacks.

As far as poor choices, try to cut back some and replace with better choices. Some things I still have and reserve for once/wk, others for once/mo. Other things I try to avoid as much as possible like products with gluten, processed foods, and excessive amounts of alcohol. Even if you modify your diet slowly, you will still make progress.

There are many here who still have the same food/drinks, but just fit them in. Different things work for different people. I am not sure how to do it fast cause all the fad diets I have done over the past 20 years never lasted long. Lose quick and gain it back quick. Just work hard and you will get there!

BTW, I started lifting around two months ago and have dropped 17 lbs. Was sedentary for the better part of 9 years prior.
  • santanaeveline
    Options
    Thank You so much! Today was my first day back in the gym trying to stay positive.
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Anything is better than nothing cause for many of us, doing nothing is what got us here in the first place. Don't beat yourself up if you slip up or indulge. Gotta live a little! It's about making long-term lifestyle changes... new habits that carry on even after you lose the weight. You can do this!!
  • jmw6019
    jmw6019 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started Whole 30 Monday and have lost more than 4 lbs. I also went back to spinning (3x/wk) last week. It's super healthy and you feel great. Check it out
  • sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know going to the gym isn't for everyone but if you can get in 30 mins of cardio at the gym for about 3-4 days a week it can go along way.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, Any one has any suggestions that can help me cut calories without being hungry and stay motivated. I need to lose 60 pounds and fast!
    Well if you're doing it reasonably, 1lb a week is 60 weeks. That's over a year. Any faster any you may end up being hungry and weight regain would more than likely happen after whatever event you're trying to do this for is over.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Try optislim I'm on that at the moment and have lost 3 kilos in one week it's hard and you have to be extremely dedicated to the program for it to work
    ANY program followed to the T will have the same result. Plus it's a prepped food program that teaches you nothing about how to eat portions on your own.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ANY program followed to the T will have the same result. Plus it's a prepped food program that teaches you nothing about how to eat portions on your own.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

^^^ This. As soon as you go "off program" the weight comes roaring back - and brings a few extra pounds along for good measure. Why? Because the program did not teach you anything about how to portion out your food on your own.

Instead, set yourself up for a reasonable deficit on here, and purchase a cheap digital food scale and weigh out your foods. Try to get some exercise in each day - even light walking helps. The pounds will come off at a decent rate, you'll see! :)

Yes!!! This!!

I've done programs like that several times. As soon as you go off, the weight you lost - PLUS MORE comes back on.

Save time by doing it once in a way that you will be able to maintain it. Speaking from personal experience, it's super frustrating having to do it over and over.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Stay positive, track every thing you eat and remember, slow and steady wins the race! Best of luck
  • santanaeveline
    Options
    Thank You!
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people set themselves up for failure when they just jump right into a brand new lifestyle. It's awesome that you're logging your food, healthy eating choices will come eventually. There's no quick fix for weight loss, just drink lots of water, push yourself to pour sweat either at the gym or at home. Don't completely give up on "junk food" try to allow yourself a cheat meal a week!

It's taken me 2 years to transform my body, stay positive girl! It will come in time :)
  • santanaeveline
    Options
    OMG! You profile pick is hot. I can't wait to look like that. Thank you!