Giving it some serious effort this time!!!

Options
Leigh_mc
Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
Hey i joined the site a few months ago and kept the diary up to day for a couple weeks but then started to forget now and again and then completely left it out of my daily routine!!! (sorry MFP!) But this time i am seriously going to give this the best shot i can, for years I have been over weight but never had a problem with that even though i kinda should have and every now and again i start a bit of a diet but never stick to it once in my life i dropped my weight down to 13st but that didn't last very long at all!!
I like to go out cycling and walking (mountain/hill) and can always push myself to do what challenge am doing I never really thought I had a problem with fitness even though i am overweight but obviously i do I just hid the fact this is also probably the first time I have been open about my problems and my want for weight loss. I really can;t afford a gym membership and also i have never been comfortable with the atmosphere of classes/gyms like that even though I see some classes i like the sound of (trixters sounds good) I am 27 years old I currently weight 239lbs and am 5ft 9 in height I need to get this weight down to ideally 168 but would like to get lower than that but maybe not in as much as a rush as I want to get down to something a little safer!! so hopefully now speaking out about this and coming into this forum this time I can keep up with it, get the support of others in the same position and make a real effort on this journey!
Today I made a start with exercise i went out for a cycle and done about 6miles burning about 390cal tomorrow am thinking of going for a long walk around the local area i have got mapmyride apps for my phone so I can track the progress of everything I do and get an exact account of what speeds and cal burns I do....
Hopefully I can get to know a few of you on here well and keep at it this time!!!!
Thank you!

Replies

• Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just gets in the way - but c'mon you can do this! Give it your best shot! 6 miles on the bike already! Wow! Good luck - feel free to add me :)
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the exact same build as me. 5'9", 239 lbs. Although you have the luxury of having a quarter century fewer years than me so that should definitely help. I'm now down to 223 and started on May 17th. Stick with it and you'll see great results. Good luck!
  • Leigh_mc
    Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! you're right life does get in the way sometimes but i have to find a way around that though alot has gone on for me, (my first child was born in april) but now i have no reason not to do a little bit more! i really don't want to take on a massive diet of any kind i need to make sure its a life change i make with my eating am hoping just by keeping below my cal count using mfp i will be able to loose weight still!!! here goes anyway! haha thank you again! x