How much water?

Options
I've just started MFP 6 days ago and just wondered how much water I should be drinking per day.
Thanks in advance for your help

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    PEE CHART!!!

cv2wwoc8db7z.jpg

It varies. The pee chart will be off if you take a med that discolors your urine. Otherwise, drink enough to make your urine the right color. Also realize that all fluid counts, not just water.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    However much keeps you hydrated as per the above chart. People will try and convince you that you should guzzle large quantities but this is not necessary unless you are genuinely that thirsty.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    The chart @2Poufs posted is what I used as reference, too.

When I'm at work, this ends up being ~40 ounces of just water being consumed, plus a cup of coffee and/or a diet soda. On the weekends, I snack a little more and have milk with my meals, so my water consumption is maybe half that.

~Lyssa
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    How long is a peice of string?

No one can say drink x amount, depends on your activity level and other factors, pee colour is probably best.

If I'm not mistaken the pee chart probably needs a 0 and -1 for when you peeing crystal clear water, you can over hydrate can't you? Stripping salts and causing cramps.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    When you start peeing white, the chart goes negative. At least that's what the rabbit told me as I followed him down the hole.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Depending on the food I am eating and how much I am sweating outside, I drink 4 to 7 cups of water.
  • MelissaHurstfield
    Options
    Ok thanks for all your help
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy, but i try to drink about a gallon of water a day. I feel amazing, and it helps to keep my belly full so i'm not craving food all the time.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    6 pounds.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    6 pounds.

you're so silly
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I agree with the urine chart ^^

I'd recommend keeping as hydrated as possible but I don't think it's necessary to really log your water intake. I work an office job so I keep a bottle of water at my desk and sip it throughout the day. I re-fill the bottle around 3 times so I guess I naturally need a bit of water. I do find myself getting dehydrated quite quickly but every one is different. The water is great for my skin anyway! :)