Breakfast and lunch ideas "to go"

Options
Hi everyone!
I start teaching this week (back to work) and I usually eat a quick breakfast and lunch at work.
Any ideas for these meals that are low calorie and healthy??
Thank you :)

Replies

• Jsantos5367
    Jsantos5367 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have two hard boiled eggs with a banana. Or ill buy the pre cut fruit and mix it in a container to go. For lunch I made my daughter ham and cheese rolls the other day. You could do the same just with healthier meats like chicken breast etc. Hope this helps :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually eat a Quest bar. The flavors are great and they're around 180cals and 21g protein. I find them filing enough for breakfast, though someone with a bigger morning appetite may not.
  • CindyMooney512
    CindyMooney512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    An apple and a one-serving packet of peanut better (take your Swiss Army knife if you prefer to cut up the apple). If you're willing to prep ahead for lunch, do the mason jar salad thing for a few days in advance, or freeze something nutritious like veggie-heavy cheese-light lasagna or bean soup or crust-less quiche with lots of veggies, in one-serving containers (if there's a microwave available). Home-made muffins are not the hyper-caloric nutritional monstrosity that commercial ones are. I used to make (from scratch) corn muffins with minimal sugar (175 calories each), freeze the batch, and eat one with peanut butter for breakfast. I also made whole wheat raisin muffins with walnuts & bran that were 275 calories each, and satisfying without spread, and kept those in the freezer.
  • indigohope
    indigohope Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These are awesome ideas!!! Thank you so much!!!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    breakfast or lunch: thinkthin lean fiber & protein bars (150 cals, & yummy!!), special k protin bars (170 cals & yummy!),progresso "light" soups (120 cals per can, & decent tasting), cut watermelon chunks (very low cal, & filling!), tuna & cracker kits (cld be 300 cals.. but yummy!!)
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm also a teacher. I will pack salads- a food saver is great for packing them all on Sunday. Other days I use a Japanese style bento or a laptop lunchbox (called bentology now). I can pack portioned servings of nuts, crackers, cheese, and leftovers in the different compartments. I keep boiled eggs, baby carrots and different prepacked cheese (string, baby bel, mini Brie) around to make packing easier. I also will throw in a protein bar in case I just don't have time to eat lunch. I used to use cliff, but I'm exploring lower calorie options now.
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal, microwave-bake apples, crackers & cheese (separate items, not vending machine junk). I make my own chilis and stews, and always have a fridge full, portioned to go. I dumped granola & yogurt together--i dearly love soggy cereal (call me weird).
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, yogurt and banana is good for quick breakfast and you can take some healthy sandwiches, oatmeal and cheese rolls for lunch.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    breakfast- toast on high fiber bread, lunch- I like sandwiches, canned soup, and wraps (I just use a tortilla).
  • gemw1010
    gemw1010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The belvita breakfast biscuits are good!
  • Nch305
    Nch305 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Every week, I make a soup and a casserole or stew (love my slo- cooker!). I eat it fresh on the night, and freeze the remainder in containers that hold 2 servings. It does not take long to build up a stock of ready-to-go meals to take in to work for lunch or to grab on those nights when life gets crazy and you get home too tired or too late to start cooking the meal you originally planned. For me, a bowl of homemade soup, some yogurt, and fresh fruit makes a great lunch. Remember to write the date on your containers as you put them in the freezer.