I need motivation! Can't quit this time.

kerrebou
kerrebou Posts: 3
edited 4:11AM in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. So, I'm fairly new to this site. I joined because I'm tired of being overweight and have gained about 30 lbs since I came to college. Because I danced and did color-guard in high school, I was always fairly small (about 125lbs and 5' 5").
I've tried to start exercising many times in the past and always gave up after about a week due to boredom and lack of motivation. I don't have anyone here to exercise with, as all my friends live about two hours from my college.
So this time I'm trying to keep going and change my eating habits to something a bit healthier.
If you want to be friends, just add me.

Replies

• satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    If you use myfitnesspal regularly, you'll get to where you want to be. The people here are friendly and supportive.
    Good luck!!!

-Russ
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Just keep logging in and exercise when you can walk/jog around campus for exercise and who knows maybe you will find someone else who needs a friend to exercise/diet with.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    first of all welcome,

you have come to the right place for friends and motivation, from past experience myself i find that what worked form me is never forgeting why i want to get healthier in the first place, that reason alone is so much more important than what the scale says, jot it down and post it somewhere where you can remind yourself daily.

the next thing is setting small goals and then find ways to work towards getting there, you said you have no one to workout with, well work out with us, i set excercise goals daily mine is to workout 5xs a week for 40min or more i do not have a workout buddy so i come here to make a note of it and you will be amazed at how many comments you will get just for completing your workouts for the day.

and for motivation read up on as much as you can about reaching and setting your goals find friends here who have the same goals to encourage each other, this site is awsome and you will find friends, support and motivation because thats all we do here, so again welcome, good luck and add me as a friend if you need to, and never forget you will never reach your goals if you give up :)
  • kerrebou
    kerrebou Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for the replies! The people on this site have been great so far.
This discussion has been closed.