Anyone here following the Dukan diet?

Options
Want to have a few of my friends be people who are following the Dukan diet. Any one?

Replies

• jellyfish_ape
    jellyfish_ape Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am. Feel free to add me :)
  • sylreid123
    sylreid123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Have used this before and lost well. Then fell off the wagon

Here I am again Enjoying the excitement of week 1 and really going at it this week
    What do you like most about Dukan?
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cyclically, I do Dukan to dramatically cut kcals 1-2 days a week. Fast results are always nice, the tough part is eating dry meat lacking adequate fat
  • sylreid123
    sylreid123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I I agree. I add a tablespoon of salsa or a few tablespoons of no salt Campbell's chicken soup. I also find a cup of egg whites scrambled up with a table spoon of salsa to be a no fat no carb high protein meal
  • ca22h
    ca22h Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The best thing is the lack of calorie counting but snacking is a bit of a nightmare. I find it actually means I stay off sweets which are a serious pitfall for me.
  • steveb85
    steveb85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started attack phase today! Not feeling as hungry as I thought! Ok to add some of you fellow dukanites?
  • hmomomo
    hmomomo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Dukaners - I'm following a plan from a nutritionist here in France (Dr Compagnon) and it seems very similar to Dukan. No fat, no sugar and no carbs. As a vegetarian it's a nightmare.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Starting Dukan Attack today, 3 days of protein yikes!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    hmomomo wrote: »
    Hi Dukaners - I'm following a plan from a nutritionist here in France (Dr Compagnon) and it seems very similar to Dukan. No fat, no sugar and no carbs. As a vegetarian it's a nightmare.

Doesn't sound like Dukan to me.
    But yes, that sounds not only challenging but impossible. NO sugar fat or carbs??? This is not possible. Even reducing both carbs AND fats is challenging. Most low carb folks eat MORE fat, not even less.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me as well
  • oldmanrivererik
    oldmanrivererik Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'mcurrently on the dukan diet. Cruise phase. Lost 35# so far, feel free to add me.
    detti777 wrote: »
    Add me as well
    detti777 wrote: »
    Add me as well

• keitheron
    keitheron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I have just begun the Dukan Diet and am on day three. I don't find it particularly difficult. My problem with most diets is that I constantly feel hungry so want to snack between meals. So far with Dukan I am not hungry. 3 years ago I lost 2 stone but have another stone to lose which is proving very difficult. How long have you been on Dukan?
  • keitheron
    keitheron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PS.Please add me as a friend.
  • itclaudia
    itclaudia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started the Dukan diet today! So far so good. Surprisingly not hungry at all. Feel free to add me if you are starting/on the diet too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dukan diet is Low carb, low fat and high protein, or is it moderate fat? I can't seem to find the macro breakdown on the google.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dukan diet is Low carb, low fat and high protein, or is it moderate fat? I can't seem to find the macro breakdown on the google.

No added sugars, fats, oils or sugary condiments are allowed. you mainly eat protein the first 10 days,Here is a breakdown of the four cycles:
    Attack Phase: Only very lean veal, beef, chicken (skinless) and turkey (skinless), fish and shellfish, eggs, fat-free dairy products are allowed. Greek yogurt with 0 percent fat and plain yogurt are considered great choices for dairy. Tons of fresh water is also required. This phase should not be followed for longer than 10 days. this includes 1.5 tbsp of oat bran

Cruise Phase: Alternating in five-day cycles, you cycle back and forth between eating protein and non-starchy vegetables and eating only protein. No butter or oil can be used and tons of fresh water is required. Follow this phase until your goal weight is attained.

Consolidation Phase: One serving of fruit, two slices of whole wheat bread and 1.5 ounces of cheese is allowed each day. Two times each week, you are allowed to eat two 5-ounce servings of starch, like potatoes, rice or another grain. Protein is also a mainstay. In addition, two times a week, you can eat a cheat meal including wine and dessert. But the day after these cheat meals, you can only consume protein. The Stabilization phase is done for the number of days that equals four days for every half-pound lost.

Stabilization: Normal eating is resumed with one day a week devoted to consuming only protein.

not to mention it says could be dangerous to those with electrolyte imbalances or those with insulin issues because they may have to change up the amount of insulin due to no carbs. yeah dont think this is a very safe diet
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Thanks @CharlieBeansmomTracey , so basically lowish carb, low fat and high protein
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    basically no carb(except for some oat bran) and no fat(except for what may be in meat) but definitely high protein.sounds like nutritional deficiencies waiting to happen.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    basically no carb(except for some oat bran) and no fat(except for what may be in meat) but definitely high protein.sounds like nutritional deficiencies waiting to happen.

Hmmm yeah. This would be hard to maintain.. for me.

• FatnissEverdean
    FatnissEverdean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started Dukan today. I'm not hungry and that's always a bonus. Feel free to add me. B)