Water

Options
Whats the percentage of water that our body needs?
Than people say divide ur weight in 1/2 and thats how many oz.

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That's what I go by. Divide the weight in half and that is how many ounces you should drink per day. :smile:
  • vbalchick_09
    vbalchick_09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's what I go by. Divide the weight in half and that is how many ounces you should drink per day. :smile:
    I just found this website and it was a few more than half my body weight..
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I know this site says to drink 8, 8 oz. glasses of 'water' per day, but I was told by my nephrologist that other fluids, such as decaf drinks, jello and even ice cream can count as fluid, since the jello and ice cream turn into fluid in the body. So, I don't just count water, but these other liquids as well.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That seems like too much... hmmm I shall check it

[EDIT] Therefore I should drink 12 cups of water. LOL
  • vbalchick_09
    Options
    I know this site says to drink 8, 8 oz. glasses of 'water' per day, but I was told by my nephrologist that other fluids, such as decaf drinks, jello and even ice cream can count as fluid, since the jello and ice cream turn into fluid in the body. So, I don't just count water, but these other liquids as well.
    But it doesnt give you all the nutrients that water does. So your doctor said juice is ok even though its full of sugars?
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Drink until your pee is clearish. If it's yellow then keep drinking! :D
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Drink until your pee is clearish. If it's yellow then keep drinking! :D

This is what I read somewhere too that your pee should be a clearish yellow color. a little lighter then straw. And that for every 25 lbs or so you are over weight you should add another 64 ounces of water.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    No, I didn't mention juice. As in everything healthy, it is all moderation, even in liquids. With counting calories, the jello would probably be sugar-free and ice cream low or fat free. What I am saying is that all fluids count, and you don't just have to try and drink the 64ozs. of water only. If that's what you like, that's great!

Water is a natural resource and because of this there is no nutrients in it. Water is made from oxygen atoms and hydrogen atoms which is what your body needs for many things.
    http://answers.life123.com/Nutrition/

:drinker:
  • vbalchick_09
    Options
    No, I didn't mention juice. As in everything healthy, it is all moderation, even in liquids. With counting calories, the jello would probably be sugar-free and ice cream low or fat free. What I am saying is that all fluids count, and you don't just have to try and drink the 64ozs. of water only. If that's what you like, that's great!

Water is a natural resource and because of this there is no nutrients in it. Water is made from oxygen atoms and hydrogen atoms which is what your body needs for many things.
    http://answers.life123.com/Nutrition/

:drinker:

I was asking if your dr did? since it was liquid.... My bf drinks old orchard juice like its water and i think hes dehydrated himself so im looking for ways and amounts to get him to drink more.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I'm sure juice would be okay, but again in moderation. My doctor said all liquids, just to watch the caffeine and sugar. The best thing to do, I think, would be to look for the lower sugar juices, if that's what he likes. Gatorade may be a good choice, too, if he can drink that and not overdo it.
  • vbalchick_09
    Options
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I'm sure juice would be okay, but again in moderation. My doctor said all liquids, just to watch the caffeine and sugar. The best thing to do, I think, would be to look for the lower sugar juices, if that's what he likes. Gatorade may be a good choice, too, if he can drink that and not overdo it.

We try not eat or drink anything with fake sugars(asperate,sugerlous, ect) or high fructous corn syrup. So its get to be a pain to try and find stuff.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    The min you should drink is about 1.2L a day IF you arent doing any exercise at all if you are then you should consume 1.2L plus more, so as stated above drink until your urine is clear that is your bodies way of telling you that you are doing the right thing. I drink 1 gallon of water a day i know it sounds like a lot but I keep a gallon jug at my desk and every time i stand up to go someplace i take a drink or every time i set down. You can drink to much water so you must listen to your body.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    According to my weight, i should be drinking 13 1/2 cups of water a day.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    According to my weight, i should be drinking 13 1/2 cups of water a day.

There is no set amount of water you should drink a day. everyone should "LISTEN TO YOUR BODY" that is why our urine changes colors.