Looking for new friends to motivate and share workout tips.

Options
My name is Beya!! I'm 27 years old, here recently I ran into some health issues, with all the stress I lost about 15lbs. So now I am trying to gain my weight back. It's so hard because I'm not a heavy eater. On top of gaining weight, I want to tone my body. I just don't know where to begin. Helllpppp PLEASE

Replies

• chuckmead37
    chuckmead37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Beya!! I'm 27 years old, here recently I ran into some health issues, with all the stress I lost about 15lbs. So now I am trying to gain my weight back. It's so hard because I'm not a heavy eater. On top of gaining weight, I want to tone my body. I just don't know where to begin. Helllpppp PLEASE

• chuckmead37
    chuckmead37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight for a person that's not a heavy eater could sometimes be a little difficult depending on how fast your metabolism is. To gain lean muscle it's all about protein but try consuming good complex carbohydrates along with 30-40grm of protein. Eat things that are high in calories in order to gain you have to up your calories and eat big meals. Hope this helps a little.
  • saltlife863
    saltlife863 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I've been eating 2,500 calories daily. Healthy carbs, and getting my protein from foods like chicken, avacado, beans and nuts. Should I limit cardio and do more strength training, Or should I balance out the two?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to gaining weight intentionally (Although I'm quite a pro at gaining accidentally ;)) but I would imagine you'd need to gain the weight with the 'right' type of foods. There is a board on here specifically for gaining so I'd definitely suggest checking that out and finding some good tips :) Best of luck!
  • saltlife863
    saltlife863 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I'm a super healthy eater, 2500 calories is a lot for me but I think over time I will work my way up to it. I gained 2lbs last week. 13 more to go