Home Businesses

Options
Hey,
Does anyone have an independent business? I am looking for ways that have worked for other ppl to get your name out there about the home business.. i need some advertising ideas!.. i have gone to local businesses and hung up fliers but i don't know how else to get my name out there.. any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi, you don't say what type of business you're running? That would help.. First thing I would say is to look around for other businesses doing the same kind of thing - where do you find their advertising? Can you do the same thing? Then put yourself into your customers shoes - if you were looking for someone providing the service you're providing, where would you look? Where have you heard of similar people doing similar things yourself?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Join your Chamber of Commerce. You will be added to their directory which is passed out to all area businesses. You would also be highlighted in one of their newsletters. Our chamber also allows a free loose-leaf advertisement in their newsletter twice a year.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of business you are running??? Craigslist is great. Local farmers markets... make some fliers and just walk around and meet and greet people. Nice way to meet your community depending on how large/small it is. Get yourself out there as much as possible. Car magnets, they are obnoxious but work. It would be more helpful if we knew what type of business you are working with...
  • afordham
    afordham Posts: 22
    Options
    Chamber of Commerce.. that's a good idea! thank you! I am a Thirty-One Gifts consultant.. and it's just becoming popular in my area.. it's hard to advertise for stuff like this.. when a lot of ppl don't even know what Thirty-One is :)
  • afordham
    Options
    Chamber of Commerce.. that's a good idea! thank you! I am a Thirty-One Gifts consultant.. and it's just becoming popular in my area.. it's hard to advertise for stuff like this.. when a lot of ppl don't even know what Thirty-One is :)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Create a Fan page on Facebook for your business.
  • afordham
    Options
    Facebook is a good one too.. thanks! Alot of the consultants have fan pages on facebook but it's worth a shot!
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Try godaddy.com